• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is this just anxiety?

B

Becki9094

Can anxiety lead me to go eventually go crazy and lose control? Petrified this is where I'm heading, anyone else experience this fear? My mum suffers from schizophrenia and even tho my doctor told me it is very unlikely I will get it and I just have an anxiety disorder, I'm not convinced. Is this my anxiety talking? Is is true that neurosis cannot cross the border to psychosis? I just want I relax!!!

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
Hi Becki,

I can't answer your questions but I'm sure your doctor has a better idea than me. My partner suffers episodes of psychosis which cause him anxiety but I'm pretty sure its that way round and not the anxiety thst causes the psychosis.

B

Becki9094

Thank you. I don't feel as if I am having any psychotic episodes but am constantly worried I will one day lose it completely. I have read on numerous sites that anxiety cannot lead to schizophrenia, but I am just terrified it will happen. Obsessing over it.