• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

is this hypomania?

B

blueorange

I don't know if this is just 'me' or hypomania. I know what depression is, very well but I don't understand hypomania. I'm diagnosed with bipolar disorder 2 by the way.

Last week one day I decided to get pregnant. I'm not married and not have a boyfriend. I didn't know who would be the father of the baby but this was not important. I just wanted to get pregnant and it sounded so logical and possible to me. Then same day I decided to quit my job and be a cabinet maker. I was so serious that I started to search for the materials I need, the space, people etc. I found 2 men on the internet, talked to them to get their ideas about the equipments, looked for the prices. Then called a cabinet maker in another city to ask if he can teach me some basics. I mean, I was so happy, so sure and self reliant. I had no idea about this job, I never tried to make anything from wood but I was so sure that it would be too easy.

And today I decided to marry. If it would be possible to marry on this day then I would because again I was so sure that it was the correct decision, it was so easy. If I had a problem then I would divorce. Everything was so simple. There was no need to tell my parents or anybody else, I would just go and marry. But then, in the evening, I just don't want to and I wanted my friend to leave me alone. My friend = my husband :/ (he loves me so I knew that he would say yes to me).

This is just, I don't know. Not nice.

R

Raache

Hey blueorange,
I know this state too, a couple weeks ago I decided out of the blue that I was gonna cut my hair very short, dress like a tomboy and get a girlfriend (I'm bi). I set up an account on a dating site for lgbtq community and took an online test to clarify what my exact gender is. It all passed as quickly as it had started ; )
Maybe you should ask your friend to keep an eye on you when you're manic? To prevent some silly and rushed decisions..

S

suzy

Sounds like it be could be higher going into mania....tell you doc and do you have anyone who can keep an eye on you?

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sounds like it could be... perhaps talk to your gp about this

take care

Judazz x

B

blueorange

Thanks everybody. I will ask my pdoc tomorrow. Normally I would start a new drug (carbamazepine) but I didn't that's why I hesisated in asking him because he will ask me back about the drug. I didn't start taking it because I have an important exam and didn't want to loose my learning ability which was the case with lithium. I'm without any drugs for 2 weeks I guess.