Is this hearing voices?

C

citizen123

Hi everyone,

Just came on here because I want some advice/opinions on what’s going on in my life at the moment.
I was diagnosed with first episode psychosis and depression about 3 years ago and had a short stay in hospital.
I came off my medication about 7 months ago and am in full-time employment.

I started being bullied/mobbed in the workplace a few months ago with people making negative comments about me within earshot. I’m pretty sure this is happening because I have tape recordings.
However, I went into a pub today with my family and I could hear people making the same negative comments about me within earshot. My family also occasionally mutter these negative comments about me.

This is making me feel really down. I don’t understand why people would do this. I have a physical health condition called scoliosis - mild to moderate. But I’m pretty sure I don’t look completely repulsive.
Is it possible that I am hearing voices/auditory hallucinations again?
These comments don’t seem to come from within my head but the people around me.

Y

Youngfez

I don’t mean to worry you but it may be, can you tell me what these things you think your hearing or may be hearing are please

C

citizen123

Nasty comments, such as - freak, weirdo, i hate you, horrible, awful, kill yourself, you're not a real person.

Y

Youngfez

This sounds in my experiences as voices I’d go to my early intervention team ASAP as it may stop you from being hospitalised and you can recover from it quickly

Y

Youngfez

If you have one of those if not you may want to start meds again

C

citizen123

Thanks for your comments. Sorry to ask this but you say in your experience. What experience do you have? What's your background? And, why would I be hospitalised?

Y

Youngfez

I have been sectioned around 3 times and my back ground is that I have had psychosis for five years and I believe I have heard the same sort of stuff as you and it depends if you act upon what you hear you could get hospitalised but obviously I don’t know what your like when you are hearing voices etc

Y

Youngfez

What I’m trying to say is you want to get this dealt with as soon as possible it seems best to speak to someone about it

C

citizen123

OK, fair enough. The thing is I'm not sure if people are making these comments or not. All i know is it only happens when I'm around others, and i know at work people do make sniping remarks like that. It just suprised me that people at a pub, who have never seen me before would make these comments. Did you have the same experience? Were the comments coming from others around you? Did you find the meds helped that? Thanks

Y

Youngfez

On the basis of what you said I would get similar negative comments from colleagues and people around me and I found the meds helped me but I needed to get sectioned before I could realise it your lucky because you have realised it already with out any hospital treatment I know it sounds crude but just speak out you can get this dealt with

NWiddi

NWiddi

In my experience of psychosis your voice(s) can intercept what people are saying around you and reword it to suit them, mine made the TV seem to speak to me by rewording what they were saying and the same with the people around me, in hospital it seemed people were speaking gibberish to me so I went for a lie down instead of not knowing what they were actually saying.

Getting back on medication will stop this.

C

citizen123

Ok its good to know you guys were having similar experiences. If this continues I will probably go and tell my GP.

C

citizen123

The thing is I'm reluctant to go on medication, don't like the side effects. I'm going to try and look at alternative remedies