Is this due to my mental illness?

S

sazza200

Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. I was diagnosed with PTSD around 4 years ago and have had really bad problems since with my mental health but over the past 1 year I have been getting different symptoms and my doctor says it's down to my mental health but I don't see how.

Every other week I am coming down with flu-like symptoms, coughing up phlegm with black dots in it, night sweats are really bad, a constant whooshing in my head, diarrhea and just feeling generally unwell. It comes in waves, I am ok for a week then it hits me again and can be there for up to a month. I have been to my doctor on many separate occasions but they say there's nothing and puts it down to my mental health but how can this be?

needless to say, it is doing my mental health no good and keeps dragging me back into a hole, any advice of info would be greatly received.

Thank you

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @sazza200 and welcome to the forum.

I am really sorry that you are not doing well.

Have you hade and blood and urine tests done? X-rays? That’s what needs to be done first to make sure you are physically well. I recommend you make an appointment for an extensive general health checkup with blood work, urine test, and a sample of what you cough up.

The symptoms you have should not be ignored. Then it will be easier to decide what causes you to get sick.

I hope you feel better soon.

S

sazza200

Hi @sazza200 and welcome to the forum.

I am really sorry that you are not doing well.

Have you hade and blood and urine tests done? X-rays? That’s what needs to be done first to make sure you are physically well. I recommend you make an appointment for an extensive general health checkup with blood work, urine test, and a sample of what you cough up.

The symptoms you have should not be ignored. Then it will be easier to decide what causes you to get sick.

I hope you feel better soon.
I have had urine, stool and xray tests done and they showed nothing. I am going to make another appointment with my doctor. Thank you so much for your reply

C

Chris Walken

Sazza; Only just found this.

To the best of my knowledge, no one here is qualified to offer medical advice, over line. Thus, none of us will even try.

We can offer viewpoints and opinions though. And mine would be ~ having suffered medically diagnosed PTSD for decades; That's never right! PTSD can bring with it a whole raft of horrible, and varying, 'effects'. But, I've never heard of yours.

Medications, however? Whole different ball game.

GP's without the time to listen to beyond the first words blurted out? Absolutely. I genuinely wonder if this is part of their training? They're GP's after all. Not the Samaritans.

Are ye still on medication? Have ye read the paper, inside each box of medication ~ including the possible Side Effects? (A cursory check of google will, of course, show that ye obviously have cancer. One of my Dogs fart. I look it up on google. By the time I've finished ferreting that rabbit hole? 'I have cancer!' Works every time. Don't even go there)

I Know suggesting ye 'ask for a second opinion' is like suggesting ye just win the lottery. I can appreciate that. But; Are ye registered with a 'Health Group', where there's several GP's? Possibly get an appointment with another. Simply state ye symptoms to them?

Yes, they'll have access to ye normal records. But, will they have sat and read them, like the latest novel, by their favourite author? I doubt it. Have a go. Try back footing them.

Meanwhile; This is " Balzac ". He's fucking useless, and is currently sat there, scratching himself. Your lot could be worse. You could own This worthless bastard!

Balzac.JPG

See? Look upon the face of Balzac. And see that Your burden could be a Lot heavier.