• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is this DDD as well as depression?

J

Justfrozen

Is this not just depression or is this linked to depersonalisation, dissociation and dereallisation?
I stupidly asked for my meds to be changed but my mind was like this before.
I am now in week 2 of duloxetine and I take it in the morning after breakfast with water. Still my constant anxiety, fear and worry over everything My mind will not stop.
It will not let me do anything. It is now stuck so much in “can’t” and “negative” mode literally everything has a problem that needs to be overcome. It tells me I am now not going to be good enough or able to do something, and even if I do something done or capable of I have fear it is not done correctly and the outcome will be bad. This then makes me fearful. This then leads to more worry and the constant fear and anxiety. The cycle never stops.
My concentration can only focus on my whirring mind, led in bed to relax it just keeps racing. I have lost so much weight in the past 8 months as I cannot switch off. I am unable to sort any of my issues out by myself. I am not able to even wash my clothes or even cook. My mind will not let me. This sounds stupid I Know from a once competent man.
Everybody says baby steps, but I haven’t got patience. Every baby step means more stress is mounting where I haven’t done what I need to. Even trying to sort out a way of getting up to make breakfast is a big issue, I fear the elderly parents not being able to do the shopping that fills the fridge and buys the food, to making too much noise as I will wake them up.
I have an appointment with the doctors again on Monday but I know what the answer will be, just let the meds work, it’s not been long enough.
However in the time since all this started I have lost everything, my confidence, my character, my memory, decision making and every day my mind seems to be deteriorating like some kind of disease is eating away at it. People say even listen to music but that is not soothing, go for a walk is not helpful, the gym gives me nothing apart for knowing how exhausted I am.
I have no way of getting out this black hole in my head, it’s starting to terrify me how stuck it is.

O

Orangeade

Is this not just depression or is this linked to depersonalisation, dissociation and dereallisation?
I stupidly asked for my meds to be changed but my mind was like this before.
I am now in week 2 of duloxetine and I take it in the morning after breakfast with water. Still my constant anxiety, fear and worry over everything My mind will not stop.
It will not let me do anything. It is now stuck so much in “can’t” and “negative” mode literally everything has a problem that needs to be overcome. It tells me I am now not going to be good enough or able to do something, and even if I do something done or capable of I have fear it is not done correctly and the outcome will be bad. This then makes me fearful. This then leads to more worry and the constant fear and anxiety. The cycle never stops.
My concentration can only focus on my whirring mind, led in bed to relax it just keeps racing. I have lost so much weight in the past 8 months as I cannot switch off. I am unable to sort any of my issues out by myself. I am not able to even wash my clothes or even cook. My mind will not let me. This sounds stupid I Know from a once competent man.
Everybody says baby steps, but I haven’t got patience. Every baby step means more stress is mounting where I haven’t done what I need to. Even trying to sort out a way of getting up to make breakfast is a big issue, I fear the elderly parents not being able to do the shopping that fills the fridge and buys the food, to making too much noise as I will wake them up.
I have an appointment with the doctors again on Monday but I know what the answer will be, just let the meds work, it’s not been long enough.
However in the time since all this started I have lost everything, my confidence, my character, my memory, decision making and every day my mind seems to be deteriorating like some kind of disease is eating away at it. People say even listen to music but that is not soothing, go for a walk is not helpful, the gym gives me nothing apart for knowing how exhausted I am.
I have no way of getting out this black hole in my head, it’s starting to terrify me how stuck it is.
Sending you love always x