• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is this board still active?

sirenishere

sirenishere

I noticed almost no one posts here anymore. I just joined looking for help. I'm an alter but a reluctant one. I'm having to come to grips with the fact that I can't have everything the way I want it. Just looking for others to talk to who might be able to help me with the constant struggle of having to not have a "real" life. I don't feel like a real person. Am I alone in that?

Mister.B

Mister.B

This board is active but just not as active as some of the others.

First of all nice to meet you.

It can be quite frustrating to not be able to live like you want to, can't it?
My other Dets got frustrated the other day because he wanted to come out but I said no.
It's important to let the main have control because you are using their body, and they might scared to give up that control.

The way I see it, you do have a life, but it's just broken up into smaller intervals. :)

sirenishere

sirenishere

Hello Mister.B, thanks for the reply. You called yours "Dets", is that a term liike Alters?

Mister.B

Mister.B

Hello Mister.B, thanks for the reply. You called yours "Dets", is that a term liike Alters?
No, that's his name. :)
We're co-conscious with one another and also I think he is aware of the other alters.

I do tend to use the word 'others' instead of 'alters' but the two are interchangeable, it doesn't matter what we're called.

sirenishere

sirenishere

Our therapist uses the term alters and so does the host but I don't care for it, makes me feel like I'm not as real. Sometimes I call the others "opinions". There are a lot of opinions in my head right now!