• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this anything to worry about?

T

TOONAFISH

I have only had one episode of mania which required hospitil. they are not sure if i have it or not. i have had mood swings eg low mood then times when i have been so bloody angry and agitated and they now think it may be bipolar.

anyway, over the past couple of weeks i have been so wound up and im finding it hard to sleep, have lost my appetite, feel wired! not happy though like manic, just agitated and angry.

i am due my monthlys too but i dont know if this is the start of something. i just cant relax at all.

i just want to make sure i catch it if it is an episode.

and does anyone know what would be done if they agreed that i was a bit high? i dont want to stop my anti d's. it was torture when they took me off them last time.

i know im blethering, sorry i just want some reassurance from experienced folk. im probably over reacting as i have been known to be a bit of a drama queen.

any help or advice myuch appreciated.

x

T

TOONAFISH

i suppose it could just be anxiety. those symptoms mite fit with that too? i dont know. :unsure:

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
They could look at putting you on a mood stabiliser.

T

TOONAFISH

thanks kp. i should have mentioned im on lithium, lamotragine and duloxatine.

lithium does seem to help a bit i suppose

S

skyblue

and does anyone know what would be done if they agreed that i was a bit high? i dont want to stop my anti d's. it was torture when they took me off them last time.
If the doc did agree you were a bit high, I'd imagine they'd take you off the anti-d's and put you on a Mood Stabiliser, Anti-Psychotic or both.

I'm taking Seroquel as an Anti-Psychotic and Anti-d and it seems to be working well for the depression side of things. I'm also taking Depakote as a Mood Stabiliser.

I too have been feeling very agitated lately and angry inside, I've been shaking - But the anger is to do with issues that's going on in my life at the moment.

I've been finding exercise to be a brilliant help lately, it's really worked and helped me relax. Last night I felt so wind up inside, I didn't know what to do with myself, I was so agitated and irritable, I decided to go to another Aerobics class and it worked wonders. After class my mind felt so much better, I felt relaxed all over, it was better than any drug that can be prescribed I'm sure.

Are you a member of a Keep Fit Club ? If not, try and take a long brisk walk, go swimming, any sort of exercise really does help your mind to relax.

Hope you feel better soon.

:hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zardos Bipolar Forum 1