is this a panic attack ?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

it happened 2 days ago i woke up from a vivid dream that i can't remember exactly i had chest pain i was not in a good state of mind started screaming crying my eyes out like a bitch this went on for about 40mins the loudest screams of my life had to hold onto my mums arm thought i was going to die my suicide ideation is starting to get worse the only calming thought that gets me out of it is me saying in my head i can kill myself then the pain will stop

L

Lunar Lady

it happened 2 days ago i woke up from a vivid dream that i can't remember exactly i had chest pain i was not in a good state of mind started screaming crying my eyes out like a bitch this went on for about 40mins the loudest screams of my life had to hold onto my mums arm thought i was going to die my suicide ideation is starting to get worse the only calming thought that gets me out of it is me saying in my head i can kill myself then the pain will stop
I've never heard of somebody screaming during a panic attack. Shortness of breath, sensation of not being able to breathe or feeling as if you are choking...racing pulse...palpitations...acute anxiety and distress...those are the usual types of panic attack symptoms.

It seems more likely to me that you had a particularly horrific nightmare and you were still reacting to it when you woke up.

Has it ever happened to you before?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I've never heard of somebody screaming during a panic attack. Shortness of breath, sensation of not being able to breathe or feeling as if you are choking...racing pulse...palpitations...acute anxiety and distress...those are the usual types of panic attack symptoms.

It seems more likely to me that you had a particularly horrific nightmare and you were still reacting to it when you woke up.

Has it ever happened to you before?
it was not a nightmare just one of those dreams i think it was just me in a hospital setting i have been stressed to the limit of suicide i keep getting pulled along things are taking longer than they should this has happened before a month ago my mum thought i was having a break down or a snapped

L

Lunar Lady

it was not a nightmare just one of those dreams i think it was just me in a hospital setting i have been stressed to the limit of suicide i keep getting pulled along things are taking longer than they should this has happened before a month ago my mum thought i was having a break down or a snapped
Must have been horrible for you, Sad. :hug:

Are you waiting for an appointment to get help with all this?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Must have been horrible for you, Sad. :hug:

Are you waiting for an appointment to get help with all this?
not specifically for this but to go into a planned admission hospital for a stay 12weeks m aybe longer i cant go into a general hospital because if it comes through i will have to wait longer maybe months or another 6months i cant do that

L

Lunar Lady

not specifically for this but to go into a planned admission hospital for a stay 12weeks m aybe longer i cant go into a general hospital because if it comes through i will have to wait longer maybe months or another 6months i cant do that
Don't be polite and wait patiently in line if things are getting unbearable.

If you talk to your doctor and explain how much worse things have been for you, he can fast-track your hospital stay - the hospital will prioritise you for an available bed and get you in there quicker. :hug:

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Don't be polite and wait patiently in line if things are getting unbearable.

If you talk to your doctor and explain how much worse things have been for you, he can fast-track your hospital stay - the hospital will prioritise you for an available bed and get you in there quicker. :hug:
i waited 24 hours last time i am trying to hold in until it comes through i hope i can hang for a few more days until next week :hug: