• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is this a mixed eposiode?

J

jekel1

i have been so depressed over the last two day to the point the crisis team are now back involved with me. but niw i feel a lifting almost feeling almost orgasmic .
i feel like i could write on here for ever and feel i am the best, i just cant understand how i can feel so down but so great at the same time , if you have any idea please answer thanks x

B

bluebell24

Hi jekel,

I know just where you're coming from, was the same for many months and made me question whether I was just being overdramatic on the down days when I flipped to good in days or sometimes both in the same day.

It's not great but my extremes have definitely settled down after a bit of trial & error with meds ... the gp who ignored any possibility of bipolar didn't really help by putting me on anti-depressants without taking on board what I'd said about the highs!

Keep talking, here and to your healthcare support is the only reccomendation I can give but I'm sure you'll work through it given support & people listening carefully to what you say.

Bx

InMind

InMind

That sounds more like a quick switch between episodes [ultradian bipolar if the switch was within the day]. A mixed episode feels more like what general society thinks psychosis is like. Your mind is racing and erratic like with mania, but the thoughts coming are all negative like your thoughts during depression. It's like its definition.... combine your manic and depressed episodes together.... it's no wonder so many people end up committing suicide during a mixed phase [my last and only second attempt ever happened during a mix phase].

B

bluebell24

Hi InMind

is that the 'official' definition of mixed state/episode? Would like to know for future reference as I have experienced exactly what you have described as well as the ultraradian - the pdoc I saw did not go into this level of detail and I'm thinking perhaps I should mention this next time!

B

InMind

InMind

Hi InMind

is that the 'official' definition of mixed state/episode? Would like to know for future reference as I have experienced exactly what you have described as well as the ultraradian - the pdoc I saw did not go into this level of detail and I'm thinking perhaps I should mention this next time!

B
Official definitons are somewhat useless in manic depression because experiences vary so much with different individuals. However, a mixed states just has elements of both mania and depression.