• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this a manic or hypomanic episode?

T

tony2010

Anyway i am 22 and over the last two weeks or maybe more i have been having racing thoughts like movies and music and ideas going round my head a hundred miles an hour and i can't concentrate. My speech is also quite fast and pressured at times and i can't help it. I have been feeling more energetic than usual and the other week i spent alot of money on stuff for my house i didn't need. I didn't think anything of it until a day or two later.I've only been needing 3-4 hours sleep and i have not been feeling tired. I experienced this about 8 months ago too when in as on Fluoxetine for depression and it was changed to Citalopram 20mg because the GP thought it was the pills. I have been on Citalopram 20mg ever since and. i am experincing the same thing again.

I see the psychiaitrist in a few days. I am goin to tell her what i wrote here. What do you think?

N

nattyone

hi
i experienced the same thing oncitalopram, what happened to me was that i was started on 20mg at the beging of the year and it was ok for a while then it stopped working so i upeped it to 50mg , then i went super happy and a bit crazy i came off the citalopram and went into full blown mania , it was awefull and extremly scarey , its when they changed my meds and put me on a mood stabilizer and anti psychotic i havent had an episode like that since.

emski

emski

Citalopram, and other anti-depressants can induce mania and hypomania, particularly if you are already bipolar