• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this a doppelgänger?

C

Christobel

I have been bothered with hallucinations in the past few weeks, mainly of a 'person' seen out of the corner of my eye. When I looked straight at it, it wasn't there. I have been under a lot of stress. On the day of seeing my pdoc I suddenly wondered if it was a doppelganger. I thought I had better Google it to make sure I knew something about the phenomenon before suggesting the idea to my pdoc. Actually, far from dismissing my idea, she was quite interested in it, and we had quite a long discussion. (Perhaps she was humouring me!)

She said she could put me on a short course of antipsychotics, but I don't want to go down that route. It says on Google that seeing your Doppelgänger is bad luck!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

As I child I read in a book (about ghosts) that if you see one - it is a sign of your impending demise. I was always afraid I would see one but never did.

Stress/ psychosis and hallucinations can really mess you about. ;)

C

Christobel

As I child I read in a book (about ghosts) that if you see one - it is a I sign of your impending demise. I was always afraid I would see one but never did.

Stress/ psychosis and hallucinations can really mess you about. ;)
I once saw a ghost - actually more like a gremlin - hiding in the tumbled rocks of an Iron Age hill fort. I knew it meant us harm, so me and my two small children made a swift exit.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I once saw a ghost - actually more like a gremlin - hiding in the tumbled rocks of an Iron Age hill fort. I knew it meant us harm, so me and my two small children made a swift exit.
When I was up in Yorkshire i had some strange experiences. One time got lost driving in the moors and there was a really strange dense cloud that looked ethereal. Also I think my old flat was haunted. :)

C

Christobel

When I was younger I used to be really into ghost books and horror, such as Steven King. In my bookcase I have two thick books which date from the 50's, one of which is called 'A Century of Creepy Stories'. I find them TOO creepy now! I think my Dad bought them from a bloke in the pub, knowing my liking for the genre. From the same source he got me a copy of Mein Kampf looted from the Germans!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I used to read a lot of Dean Koontz and Richard Laymon as a teenager. Really horror books were my favorite genre as a youngster too.