• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is this “unloyal” to my boyfriend

S

sunshine0908

So. This is embarrassing. And I probably sound dumb as fuck. But I used to be so...I don’t even know the word. But basically if I passed a male I would purposely refuse to even look in that direction. If I was watching a movie with my friends and they were commenting on one of the male actors and asked me if I thought he was cute I would refuse to respond because “I have a boyfriend.”

Anyway, I loosened up a bit recently because I got on medication and am not as extreme. My friend and I are watching King of Staten Island and we both have celebrity crushes on Pete Davidson. We were all like I would so marry him and he’s so hot. She just broke up with her boyfriend so she said something like “I would get with him, I can say that cause I don’t have a boyfriend anymore.” (Wasn’t at me)But I was all like omg I have a boyfriend. Is it wrong of me to talk about another guy like this? It wasn’t explicit and inappropriate but still. I just thought of it like it’s Pete Davidson and were watching him in a movie. But now I’m overthinking.

I definitely will regret this and think it’s so stupid tomorrow. Lol.

B

bpd2020

People in relationships have crushes on famous people all the time. My partner has crushes on famous women. It does not bother me because he does not want to be with them, he just finds them attractive. It is perfectly healthy. Please do not worry about this.

P

Purpleplum

Don't worry about it. We're attracted to beauty. It's Darwinian.

JessisMe

JessisMe

It’s Pete Davidson and you were watching him a movie. Seems like as for real life implications it’s just not that deep.

D

dhs94

It's not disloyal! Your boyfriend probably finds many celeb girls and/or guys attractive. In past relationships, my boyfriend and I would talk about who we found attractive and encouraged the harmless crushes. We knew at the end of the day that we had true feelings for each other.

OCD can make us really prone to guilt sometimes, which I think is why are you feeling this way. I wouldn't be afraid to talk to your boyfriend about how you feel and what you're going through. I'm sure he'll understand.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

I think it's completely fine to daydream a little bit about famous people, as long as it's in a healthy way (which yours sounds just fine).

I know people (myself included) who have a "Hall Pass List" of 3-5 celebrities that we'd be "allowed" to get with.

Of course, it's all conjecture and it'll never happen, so it's never taken too seriously. More of a whim than anything else.

As long as you're not actively going after someone else, or doing something to compromise the relationship, you'll be fine.