• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is there somthing wrong with me?

C

ChinaJewel

I have been going through stress and anxiety with my mum who has memory issue's and outbursts and back pain and also bad neighbours eavesdropping on my personal business shouting at me through the wall and gossiping to other neighbours about me. I had too many late nights for the past 3 months and I'm now trying to get to sleep earlier. I have been tired a lot and sometimes have sleepless nights and too tired to do anything the next day. I started having visions of hell late last Friday and seeing in my head visions of a demon. I prayed to God on Friday for the second time to try to block the visions out and heard an angry voice complaining I'm not in with them. It disappeared and I saw God standing there smiling. I have been feeling scared and I thought that Satan is trying to connect with me. I have been having a vision of the image every day since. I told the doctor and nurses about it and they think I may need medication for it. I don't know if I'm really getting mentally ill. Will it just go away or will it get worse.

John Lamb

John Lamb

Unfortunately stress, anxiety and lack of quality of sleep will make these visions and voices worse. Medication is a good idea and will help with sleep but you need to relax more than anything. Cold showers are good for anxiety. Don’t be scared of the visions, best to not be bothered by them and don’t read to much into them. Keep praying to God but always stay calm and relaxed.