• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is there something going on or am I just lazy?

H

Hennvl

Hello all.

Sometimes I wonder if there is actually something going on with me, mentally. I seem to have all kinds of little problems but have in all these years never received a diagnosis. All I know is that I have anxiety, and might still have some sort of trauma (due to domestic violence).

I am doing three full days of volunteer work nowadays, but it's getting harder to get out of bed with every day. I'm thinking to myself, maybe I should work more days? And keep that up for a month and get a rhythm/clock going? Sometimes I feel like my subconscious has developed these anxiety and other little problems just so I can stay in bed and have lots of pastime.

I don't really enjoy my free days though; I usually sleep 12-14 hours a day on a free day because I don't know what to do and don't feel like doing anything. I mean, I want to do something, set up something, maybe a Youtube channel, but when I think of all the effort I have to put in and how long it will take before you'll be successful I just feel like it's too much work and get a little depressed.

I've been with my mental health organization for 7 years now with every time a different issue, though a handful seem to come back and haunt me for a period of time. Such as this gayness thing. Sometimes I feel like kissing someone on the mouth regardless sex. Though I honestly think it's because I have never had a girlfriend let alone the touch of a woman for a long time. It's like men in a jail, they also turn gay due to the lack of women.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I guess you could say my biggest fear is to end up in a treadmill factory for the rest of my life. Such jobs I've done before and they depress the hell out of me. I'm dying for a job where I can put my creativity to work, heck, as long as I'm not getting depressed by a job I'll be a reasonably happy man.

Problem is I don't even have the guts to apply for such jobs let alone work there. The anxiety will get to me because I'm so scared of making a mistake, doing something inappropriate, and what will I do when I can't get out of bed again. Getting out of bed is the toughest moment of the day for me; it's like I have no energy at all, even though I sleep well.

Long enough post. Thanks for reading and if you have any experiences you want to share I'd be happy to hear about them.

Regards

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think in these situations, it's always worth visiting your GP and asking them to run some blood tests.
Whilst mental health can have a really big affect on how you feel physically, it's always a good idea to rule out any physical cause such as thyroid issues, anaemia etc.

It could also be the time of year. I do think it's hugely challenging for people to have the energy to get through the day when all around us nature is sleeping.

From what you're saying about how much you're sleeping on your days off, I wouldn't take on any more days of voluntary work at the moment. You're sleeping that much for a reason (you obviously need it).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Making Something of Yourself Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
N Something Very Baffling Occurred via Post today?!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Cinders ESA/PIP and severe disablement something Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
H Is this it? Or can I do something else? Dropping college to work at a supermarket (UK) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Hello513 I think I am going to try to go into bioinformantics Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
Hello513 So I am going into a day program then I am going to try to build a career. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 17
J Motivation [Going ou from comfort zone] Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Lone_wanderer Think I am going to have to get a job. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
M I made a mistake on ESA and now I am terrified of going to prison Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
J Going into ESA Assessment alone. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
G Going to EAS Tribunal tomorrow need last minute help!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
E My rent is going up Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
H Going back into education? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
B Since CBT is going really well and meds are working, wanted to change my career path Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K Claiming ESA but going to college (part time) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
bluemoon2 Thinking of going to college but will it affect my benefits? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
E What the hell am I going to do?????? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 66
bulbie Not Going Ahead with PIP Appeal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
P ESA going into University? what will happen? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
S Benefits and going to university. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Lillyone Left in Wrag group going to appeal this time. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R Going from bad to worse Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
P Please read ... Going from long term IB > ESA WRAG group - have I done the right thing? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
G I'm going to be evaluated at court, I don't want to be started on medication though.? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G Some life problems,In trouble for auto burglaries, Mom mentioned Me going to get evaluated at court, I'm a little worried. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
T I dont know where Im going to live Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I Esa Appeal Monday going ahead without Esa50 evidence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
T I am going to make a point in the jobcentre next week Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
P esa- and going to college? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
L Bipolar and going back to work in IT or possible career change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
L ATOS medical scored 0 points, going to Tribunal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
prairiechick Going To Look At A Place! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M Started a job today and going downhill Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
bert tomato I am thinking of going to a lawyer. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G Just started new job, gone off sick and ? going to hand notice in. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
A facing going back to work - struggling Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
M going onto JSA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
I Are people in supported living going to be safe from the IB/ESA changeover. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
emzangelwings What's it like going to an ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
F Just back to work and it's all going wrong! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Back to work you lazy malingerers Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9