• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is there anything yall do to help deal with real life events? i'm really struggling

• Thread starter TipToeThruTheTulips
  • Start date
T

TipToeThruTheTulips

I feel so much guilt for things I've done that I just can't cope with life anymore. I feel like my life is over...
No matter what I do I can't get away from it. I can't enjoy anything without thinking I'm evil for daring to even try to be happy.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

Know that you're not alone, and in good company, with how you feel. It can be more demoralizing than some realize when your past catches up with you, and you end up racking up nothing but marks in the "loss" column with few "wins".

All things considered, I genuinely don't believe it's evil to desire happiness. It certainly may seem like a long way off, or we may believe we don't deserve it, but i'd never say it's evil for someone to want to just find peace and be happy.

I don't know if you have a therapist, or what your situation is at present. Perhaps someone qualified to assist could put things in focus for you, and lead you in a better direction?

Beyond that, please know that it's not evil to desire happiness, or wanting to find companionship/peace of mind/solace, regardless of what has transpired previously in life.

D

dhs94

You're not alone, people love you and you deserve to be happy. We are not our mistakes, and I know OCD makes it harder think otherwise when it just loops them in your mind over and over again. But any past mistakes nor this disorder is your identity. You are so much more.

toutatis

toutatis

I've always felt - and I've heard it said many times as well - that guilt, ongoing guilt and self punishment of that nature, is a pointless effort. There's no worth in it. Because I'm assuming whatever you did in the past to make you feel guilty now, well, you've mended your ways and perhaps tried to make amends of some sort. After that, the best thing is, in my view, to let it go. Let go of the guilt, the shame, the self hatred etc., and just move forward facing your life as a new person, a better person, a person who want's to give back in some way. My only message is learn to let it go - which in itself can be a challenge too, I'm aware of that. But life is a challenge.

M

ManDss

U should be a little more specific, "real life events", like what ?

Guilt ? Think really clear if its worth to feel guilt. Do u really made something so bad ? Was on porpouse ? R u the same person made those thingd ?

If u are trully regreat, dont feel guilt.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have been feeling very guilty lately for a lot of things that I did when I was manic. I can understand that I was manic when I did those things but other people don’t know. In some areas my reputation is definitely ruined. It is like I am waking up to a bad dream daily so I understand some how you feel. As some folks have mentioned here apologizing and making amends can often make people feel better. You are not a wasted person. You are a person who made some bad choices. We can all make better choices and redeem ourselves when we have erred. I would give yourself the opportunity to do whatever it takes to forgive yourself for the situation or situations and to move on cautiously and conscientiously toward a future that you won’t regret but can be proud of. That is what I am trying to do for myself now. xo, j

T

TipToeThruTheTulips

U should be a little more specific, "real life events", like what ?

Guilt ? Think really clear if its worth to feel guilt. Do u really made something so bad ? Was on porpouse ? R u the same person made those thingd ?

If u are trully regreat, dont feel guilt.
I don't want to go into exactly what I did but I very much do regret everything. I didn't think before I made decisions. I've definitely learned from what I've done and I'll never do it anything like it again but it's really hard to let go. I hope I can let go of it all one of these days.