• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is there anything wrong with me?

C

CK87

I've been trying to figure out if this was a major problem, or possibly many small problems. If there was even a name for what any of these issues are, I'm not sure.

First of all I'm very indecisive to the point where I try to have everyone make decisions for me. Someone asks where I want to go. I always say you decide. You would have to fight me to make any decision whatsoever. That's not to say I wont say no to a place but then again there is very little I will say no to unless I'm extremely opposed to it.

Also I tend to second guess myself and everyone else constantly. I'm always constantly thinking about how something in the future will possibly play out. I admit to spending lots of time walking thinking about making posts online like this. Sometimes Ill make up events and act them out in my mind. I've pretended that I went to a psychologist telling them I had previously pretended that I was walking down the street pretending that I was talking to a psychologist about.... and so on. I think of circular events like that often.

Compounding all of these together, sometimes when I'm being indecisive about a question Ill act out all the scenarios that will come out from the options I have in my head. On top of that I can completely contradict myself. I'll think well I hate this idea but on the other hand its not such a bad idea which can make it hard to choose. Occasionally I'll have long discussions with someone and my opinion on one thing may change from when I started and they will tell me that I've contradicted myself on small details from earlier.

I know this leads to me having anxiety socially. I know I can't realistically predict everything that will come up in conversations. Sometimes It seems I just run out of things to say. Its like I'm having problems grabbing thoughts in real time. I don't really bring up a conversation unless its a person I'm really comfortable with. If its someone I don't know well I usually end up looking like a idiot. I need to know them really well to feel comfortable enough to have a real conversation.

Also I use to get intense panic attacks for no reason. I'd be sitting down watching TV and I'd start feeling weird. Next thing I know my heart is racing and I'm hyperventilating, completely freaking out. I don't get them anymore, but I've come close. I seemed to be able to calm myself. Never did figure out why though. I don't know if It had anything to do with my other problems but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Oh and as I finish this I'll tell you I've been making up replies to this post in my head word for word from imaginary people with all different opinions. I also thought about the possibility of not getting any replies. I think I may think too much :eek:

C

chuchunezbee

Hi CK87, firstly I just want to ask have you tried to get any medical help yet? If not the first thing I would suggest is talking to your GP and getting them to make the necessary appointments. Identifying any potential problem you may or may not have is important. Please don’t think I am pushing you aside, I simply don’t feel I am educated enough to give you solid advice. That’s not to say I haven’t done my home work, it’s to say I am not a doctor. Sorry I can’t be much more help then that. Hope you get things sorted!