• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is there anything wrong with me?

C

CK87

I've been trying to figure out if this was a major problem, or possibly many small problems. If there was even a name for what any of these issues are, I'm not sure.

First of all I'm very indecisive to the point where I try to have everyone make decisions for me. Someone asks where I want to go. I always say you decide. You would have to fight me to make any decision whatsoever. That's not to say I wont say no to a place but then again there is very little I will say no to unless I'm extremely opposed to it.

Also I tend to second guess myself and everyone else constantly. I'm always constantly thinking about how something in the future will possibly play out. I admit to spending lots of time walking thinking about making posts online like this. Sometimes Ill make up events and act them out in my mind. I've pretended that I went to a psychologist telling them I had previously pretended that I was walking down the street pretending that I was talking to a psychologist about.... and so on. I think of circular events like that often.

Compounding all of these together, sometimes when I'm being indecisive about a question Ill act out all the scenarios that will come out from the options I have in my head. On top of that I can completely contradict myself. I'll think well I hate this idea but on the other hand its not such a bad idea which can make it hard to choose. Occasionally I'll have long discussions with someone and my opinion on one thing may change from when I started and they will tell me that I've contradicted myself on small details from earlier.

I know this leads to me having anxiety socially. I know I can't realistically predict everything that will come up in conversations. Sometimes It seems I just run out of things to say. Its like I'm having problems grabbing thoughts in real time. I don't really bring up a conversation unless its a person I'm really comfortable with. If its someone I don't know well I usually end up looking like a idiot. I need to know them really well to feel comfortable enough to have a real conversation.

Also I use to get intense panic attacks for no reason. I'd be sitting down watching TV and I'd start feeling weird. Next thing I know my heart is racing and I'm hyperventilating, completely freaking out. I don't get them anymore, but I've come close. I seemed to be able to calm myself. Never did figure out why though. I don't know if It had anything to do with my other problems but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Oh and as I finish this I'll tell you I've been making up replies to this post in my head word for word from imaginary people with all different opinions. I also thought about the possibility of not getting any replies. I think I may think too much :eek:

C

chuchunezbee

Hi CK87, firstly I just want to ask have you tried to get any medical help yet? If not the first thing I would suggest is talking to your GP and getting them to make the necessary appointments. Identifying any potential problem you may or may not have is important. Please don’t think I am pushing you aside, I simply don’t feel I am educated enough to give you solid advice. That’s not to say I haven’t done my home work, it’s to say I am not a doctor. Sorry I can’t be much more help then that. Hope you get things sorted!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ABsea I don't think there is anything wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 2
jajingna Are you anything like your parents or siblings? Mental Health Experiences 18
Amelia2020 Anyone else find themselves crying at anything on Television? Mental Health Experiences 2
S How do you get doctors to actually do anything? Mental Health Experiences 42
Muddledmuggle Having difficulty in focusing on anything Mental Health Experiences 4
jajingna Embarrassed by anything you've posted on this site (or elsewhere)? Mental Health Experiences 21
A Why can’t I feel anything? Mental Health Experiences 3
z270 I don't know what to make of anything anymore Mental Health Experiences 8
hORIzonFINK210 anything you think twice about- reconsider. Mental Health Experiences 1
H Isolation: so used to not doing anything that I can't find motivation to do anything Mental Health Experiences 8
AliceinWonderland Random posts about LITERALLY ANYTHING (mental health related) Mental Health Experiences 54
TiredTina Anything irritated you today? (mental health related) Mental Health Experiences 6
N Complete and total lack of motivation for anything Mental Health Experiences 9
mami5 Need help, support, advice....anything...please? Mental Health Experiences 44
Soul_Deeps I don't know, I can't really see anything that is worth living for. Mental Health Experiences 6
H I don't feel anything towards my mother Mental Health Experiences 1
Metalbones Fed Up Of Pills That Don't Do Anything Mental Health Experiences 2
N Have you guys ever experienced anything like this?! Mental Health Experiences 3
blurrypeach Does this mean anything? Mental Health Experiences 3
G I have no motivation to do anything and it's making my life horrible. Mental Health Experiences 4
A I never had anything to 'recover' from in the first place but due to my misdiagnosis i now do. Mental Health Experiences 3
D Doubt this is anything new Mental Health Experiences 2
D Would do anything for a friend to offload with sometimes Mental Health Experiences 3
Davey Blueeyes Is there really anything that can be done for loneliness? Mental Health Experiences 18
V So what have we learned from our experiences? anything at all? here's what i have learned. Mental Health Experiences 1
prairiechick Not Passionate About Anything Anymore Mental Health Experiences 5
prairiechick What I want more than anything else in the world... Mental Health Experiences 1
prairiechick Is there anything that can take away the pain? Mental Health Experiences 7
I Born wrong. No future. Mental Health Experiences 96
Youdontknowme What is wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 4
Lilly776 always doing sh't wrong Mental Health Experiences 1
jajingna "What's wrong with you?" and "What happened to you?" Mental Health Experiences 4
T Where I was wrong ?? Mental Health Experiences 3
W Is there something wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 4
J Who is wrong here Mental Health Experiences 12
Daybreak What are some happy moments you found out you were wrong about something you were paranoid about? Mental Health Experiences 8
T Tell me if I’m right or wrong?? Mental Health Experiences 23
S Something is wrong with my brain Mental Health Experiences 4
L Is it Wrong? Mental Health Experiences 27
I Dont know whats wrong . Mental Health Experiences 1
7920NewbridgeCovina What’s wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 5
moonperson I don't understand what is wrong with me exactly Mental Health Experiences 22
U Am I wrong for not liking my psychiatrist's cheery disposition? Mental Health Experiences 4
Y Not sure what is wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 4
J What is wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 1
S Doing something wrong? Mental Health Experiences 2
O Whats wrong with my mind? Mental Health Experiences 1
O Am I incapable of being an adult? Whats wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 11
A How to best deal when a person thinks everything she does is wrong? Mental Health Experiences 1
MissPink What is wrong with him? Mental Health Experiences 9