• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is there anyone on here scared of the dark?

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's not a case of lights now I want to die

floater

floater

Flooding supposed to help phobias. Maybe the coming powercuts after brexit will help?

O

OkHedgehog272

When the snoring gets too much and I go downstairs I can't sleep without a lamp light on.

Which also keeps me awake.

This was triggered by a series of night terrors in my teen, the only way I can describe the fear I felt in those moments is pure.
Immediate light brings me back to my senses if I wake in the night in much milder terror.

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Doesn't work for me much since I sussed father christmas, goodluck with the scared, been there and done that....

You have no idea what u r talking about. It's not a case of getting a candle. It is a phobia and it is terrifying. count yourself lucky u haven't had trauma to provoke it.

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i sleep with lights on and door open fully so that in case a ghost gets in i can run outside. i have phasmophobia/fear of ghosts < because of hallucinations i think. or probably hallucinations made it worse. (sorry to hear you went through so much.)
Yes I also sleep with the door open mainly for the light from the landing. My cats can also come and go but luckily they are sleeping with me x

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes I also sleep with the door open mainly for the light from the landing. My cats can also come and go but luckily they are sleeping with me x
Really sorry you have hallucinations that's a very hard thing to deal with x

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Flooding supposed to help phobias. Maybe the coming powercuts after brexit will help?
Flooding? Power cuts? It's not the 1970s![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
floater

floater

After brexit power cuts could return. Half our actual on the ground electric comes from France and their massive nuclear capacity - why we claim the moral high ground on greeny-green-green power here. After Brexit, knowing what the French can be like, I expect power cuts and have candles stored for the days ahead.

H

Hope1986

Read my post, maybe it can help you :)

H

Hope1986

Which post? HOCD?
I only have one post, sorry i am new here, it's my experience for OCD longtime battle

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My fear has got a lot better. Last night I had all the lights off and I shut my door!

I

itsmeagain

I dont want what happened to me affect me I want to be strong I want to be the person who had no ànxiety who didn't think they could go crazy. Yet I'm sat here afraid of the dark sky drinking to take the edge off this feeling of fear. I want to be strong and fight this but the way things are going I doubt and not sure I can.
It's very sad, the harm caused by an evil man.
Do these people who do such things, ever regret the harm they caused?
Blessings to you debaura.
Stay strong.
Ring family.
Don't drink alcohol.
Ring friends.
Anything.