• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is there anyone on here scared of the dark?

D

Debaura500

I'm scared of the dark particular the night sky. When it turns dark at 4.30 I have a real sense of fear. This has been going on for 6 weeks when I watched a video which triggered this anxiety I had back in 2012 after a very traumatic rape. I'm gutted this fear of the dark has returned it sometimes feels like I'm going crazy

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I'm scared of the dark to, I'm so sorry you've been raped. Have you tried rape crisis they are very supportive I believe.
Hugs

D

Debaura500

Mayflower 7 I will try them x. PTSD has been mentioned I'm just hoping the phobia will die out as it did before or winter will be stressful on top of everything else.

D

Debaura500

Apart from having lights on and enjoying daylight there's not a lot I can do.

D

Debaura500

I dont want what happened to me affect me I want to be strong I want to be the person who had no ànxiety who didn't think they could go crazy. Yet I'm sat here afraid of the dark sky drinking to take the edge off this feeling of fear. I want to be strong and fight this but the way things are going I doubt and not sure I can.

Bellaone

Bellaone

I'm scared of the dark particular the night sky. When it turns dark at 4.30 I have a real sense of fear. This has been going on for 6 weeks when I watched a video which triggered this anxiety I had back in 2012 after a very traumatic rape. I'm gutted this fear of the dark has returned it sometimes feels like I'm going crazy
I’m sorry you had to go through being raped. It understandable you would be scared. I have also had a fear of the dark due to bad anxiety. I had to sleep with light and sound. Even now I leave a light on sometimes. I hope you can get some support.

F

fluffpill

i sleep with lights on and door open fully so that in case a ghost gets in i can run outside. i have phasmophobia/fear of ghosts < because of hallucinations i think. or probably hallucinations made it worse. (sorry to hear you went through so much.)

D

Debaura500

Yes I have the lights on. What r u on àbout?

D

Debaura500

Yes fluffpill I have door open and all lights on. My kittens love it as they can sleep with me all night.

D

Debaura500

It's done something to me mentally.

floater

floater

Saying that I don't like the dark. My first instinct in a power cut is to find a torch, my second is to check whether it is only my digs or the entire neighbourhood been thrown into the stone age. Got some candles. Not frightened of the dark, much more frightened of the idiots who could be exploiting it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GhostOfLenin Phobia Forum 15
A Phobia Forum 4