• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is there anybody out there ?

H

Happychappy

Anyone got details on active North West groups ?

T

ThunderBolt

Hiya...

I know this is an old thread and you may well have found something already, but I've just joined the site a few days ago...

Believe it or not, why not try the JobCentre... They are in contact with some outside people who do 2 courses - if that's the right term - for people wo need help with 2 slightly different things.

The first is a course called SPRING that concentrates more on a pain control or condition management as they call it. This involves both active things like pacing yourself, distracting from pain and also the way you think about it. Using the mind to feel that bit better. OK it's not a deep mental course but it does touch on it. Which I found a good way to boost myself into signing up for the 2nd course which I'd never have considered otherwise.

The second is called INSPIRE. This is a dicated mental couse concentrating mainly on depression.

I think getting out of the house and going to these was a help in itself. Unfortunately I didn't get out as much as I should have done as I'm very quiet, don't say much and didn't really contribute as much, or as well as I could have. That said, listening to others and realising that I wasn't the only one having some problems was a help as well. Even if some of my personal problems weren't covered by others.

It's a start if you haven't started already.

Good going HappyChappy!!!

T

ThunderBolt

Just remembered... The 2nd course is called INSPIRE and not SMILE as I previously said!

Sorry about that.

H

Happychappy

Just picked up you reply ThunderBolt (how slow am I) - Ta very much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I North West 7