• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is there any help out there ....

K

KB12

I love the feeling and the relief it gives me. Is there any hope for me. Will this ever get better

Z

Zoe1

hi KB12 :welcome:

I used to self harm and now I don't
its been a bit of a battle but I got there

I hope you find the forum helpful

:grouphug:🕯

K

KB12

What stopped you if you dont mind me asking.

Z

Zoe1

I was hospitalised with self inflicted injuries

K

KB12

What did you do (you dont have to say) what help did you get. I feel im banging by hear against the wall no one listens

Z

Zoe1

I had medication and therapy

Freygal

Freygal

I just recently relapsed with self harm, so you are not alone! It’s not easy and recovery is not linear. What I find best that works is always speaking up. It’s the hardest thing ever for me, personally. But it’s the first step to recovery.

K

KB12

Ive tried medication, hec im on it now. Ive also tried speaking up my GP and everyone is aware and all they can offer is meds. Im at the limit if im honest. Delt with this for too long.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
May I ask how long have you been self harming for KB12 and what age did you start doing it?

Freygal

Freygal

Therapy and medication is quite different for everybody. Some people take ages to find the right meds that best works for them, or the right therapist. Heck, even both of them may not be their kind of help. You won’t know till you try! Maybe if you try therapy and see how it goes? ☺

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
15 years must feel like a long time at the age of 26, more than half your life. Your brain must be very used to and dependent on getting the rush of chemicals that are produced from harming yourself.

If it's not too personal can you recall what made you start? 11 is about the time we start high school in the UK, I remember that being a stressful time transitioning to such a big school, new people and teachers etc.

I never experienced bullying until I reached high school, I remember infant and junior school being more or less ok, I didn't have many friends but the few I had were good ones.

K

KB12

15 years must feel like a long time at the age of 26, more than half your life. Your brain must be very used to and dependent on getting the rush of chemicals that are produced from harming yourself.

If it's not too personal can you recall what made you start? 11 is about the time we start high school in the UK, I remember that being a stressful time transitioning to such a big school, new people and teachers etc.

I never experienced bullying until I reached high school, I remember infant and junior school being more or less ok, I didn't have many friends but the few I had were good ones.
No course you can ask anything that is what we here for. I started self harming due to childhood sexual abuse, i knew it was wrong before then but when i was in high school thats when i found self harm. :/