• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is there a shortage? Just switched from Dextroamphetamine (Dex) to Adderall

T

Traveler5

I was on Dex (15mg 3 times a day) until the other day I tried to refill my prescription. The pharmacy I normally go to didn't have it and said it has been on back-order for three weeks. In total, I tried six different pharmacies to fill a Dex prescription. None of them had it and it was on back-order. I don't know if the manufacturers make Dex anymore. So, I asked my Pdoc to prescribe Adderall -- 15mg 3 times a day -- since it's the next best med to Dex. What's going on? Does anyone know? Is this happening to you, Dex users?

2Much2Feel

I was on Dex (15mg 3 times a day) until the other day I tried to refill my prescription. The pharmacy I normally go to didn't have it and said it has been on back-order for three weeks. In total, I tried six different pharmacies to fill a Dex prescription. None of them had it and it was on back-order. I don't know if the manufacturers make Dex anymore. So, I asked my Pdoc to prescribe Adderall -- 15mg 3 times a day -- since it's the next best med to Dex. What's going on? Does anyone know? Is this happening to you, Dex users?
Hey, not sure where you live at but it looks like in the US the FDA is stating there is a shortage of dex. FDA Drug Shortages
best of luck xx

S

SFGuy

I just refilled in San Francisco with no problem.

Since Adderal is a mix of amphetamine compounds, I would imagine it will work OK. When I did trials to see what stimulant I should use, I liked Adderal, but Dex seemed to have a slightly easier comedown when it wore off in the evening.

T

Traveler5

I just refilled in San Francisco with no problem.

Since Adderal is a mix of amphetamine compounds, I would imagine it will work OK. When I did trials to see what stimulant I should use, I liked Adderal, but Dex seemed to have a slightly easier comedown when it wore off in the evening.
That's good to hear and promising. Maybe it's just my state. As soon as I hear that it's in abundant supply I'll go back to it. Thanks! So far, Adderall has been doing a fairly good job.