Is there a possibility that my subconscious could be lying

D

DisorientedOne

This might sound like a stretch but is there a possibility that one experiencing amygdala hijacking could be living life off course from reality due to false memories produced subconsciously after said individual had a sudden onset of severe PTSD and anxiety from essentially running away from an exceedingly large amount of trauma without letting go causing bouts of emotional breakdowns. I digress, Is it possible for the subconscious to fabricate; in a way a sort of shield of false experiences lying to the conscious mind about outcomes in daily life and swaying observation in a favorable manner to essentially "protect" one from more potentially traumatic confrontations for fear of more attachments, or hiding a terminal illness, lost family members/ friends or something to that extent.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi there.I'm not exactly sure what you mean,can you explain this a little further?

I will say that the mind is a very powerful thing and can and does keep traumatic events from a persons conscious mind in order to protect them.

H

Hermanscoil

It may or may not be related but, it sounds similar to the way I perceive things that most would say are positive. For example, people at my job often say that they come here because I work here and won't go to other stores. I would say it is because of familiarity and that I am a pushover when it comes to some things. Is there a specific instance that you would care to describe?

Not_here

Not_here

This might sound like a stretch but is there a possibility that one experiencing amygdala hijacking could be living life off course from reality due to false memories produced subconsciously after said individual had a sudden onset of severe PTSD and anxiety from essentially running away from an exceedingly large amount of trauma without letting go causing bouts of emotional breakdowns. I digress, Is it possible for the subconscious to fabricate; in a way a sort of shield of false experiences lying to the conscious mind about outcomes in daily life and swaying observation in a favorable manner to essentially "protect" one from more potentially traumatic confrontations for fear of more attachments, or hiding a terminal illness, lost family members/ friends or something to that extent.
I understand you fully and i have a tear in my eye thinking about it..

I just dont know how to undo this web? And if you do.. whats left behind??

WHO ARE WE?? 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯