Is there a mental disorder where someone can't see when something is dirty or isn't right?

M

Mary_moo42

Is there a mental disorder where someone can't see when something is dirty or isn't right?

Hello,
I have a question and I hope someone can help me. It's not about me.. but My Stepson and his girlfriend live beside of and their place is just down right filthy... not only that but my Step son doesn't know when something looks bad.. he doesn't see it.. You can tell him about it and he thinks it looks okay.. This goes much further than just cleaning up a mess .. it's like he will build something and it be totally incorrect, not level or nothing and he doesn't see it.. he says it is level and looks great... I just don't get it..Is there a disorder where a person can't see when something is dirty or isn't right? What can we do to help him?

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Hello,
I have a question and I hope someone can help me. It's not about me.. but My Stepson and his girlfriend live beside of and their place is just down right filthy... not only that but my Step son doesn't know when something looks bad.. he doesn't see it.. You can tell him about it and he thinks it looks okay.. This goes much further than just cleaning up a mess .. it's like he will build something and it be totally incorrect, not level or nothing and he doesn't see it.. he says it is level and looks great... I just don't get it..Is there a disorder where a person can't see when something is dirty or isn't right? What can we do to help him?
probably not much.

Hoarding is a mental disorder.

sorry and all but its one of the toughest MI and also needs the Hoarder to recognize a problem. If they don't they just recreate the mess.

Id call the council anonymously, report rodents or something. If he realizes its an Official problem he may be inspired to clean up a bit.

best
BDU