• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is there a chat room on here,or a INstant messaging or would anyone be interested

M

Medusalinks

Just noticed I’ve been posting and replying on here for the last month or so. It seems very stunted, a limit of one reply exchange or two. Would like to be more like pen pals if it is people that can relate to what I’m saying. A more in-depth communication. Maybe I’m feeling especially lonely just now with lockdown and living alone,and the fact my family are avoiding me on Skype or phone as apparently I’m too miserable.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
We always advise people to stay within the forum as limited as it may be, that way anonymity can be protected and if anyone acts in an inappropriate manner towards another member it can be reported and action can be taken.

We always consider the safety of our members above all else.

I do hope you can still communicate effectively with people here and make some forum friends that you can share private messages with or feel safe enough to share your thoughts and experiences publically so everyone can get to know you better.

I for one am very interested to hear what you've been through although I may not be able to relate in the way others can as I'm only a voice hearer and my short bout with depression was many years ago, my social anxiety on the other hand is an on going battle that I seem to be winning more and more each day.

So if you wish you can PM me or tag me into any post that you've written (@NWiddi) whenever you feel like it and I'll always be happy to listen but I'm sure you'll get plenty more offers from our lovely members.

Always nice to meet another person from Yorkshire :)

Take care and I wish you all the best!

M

Medusalinks

We always advise people to stay within the forum as limited as it may be, that way anonymity can be protected and if anyone acts in an inappropriate manner towards another member it can be reported and action can be taken.

We always consider the safety of our members above all else.

I do hope you can still communicate effectively with people here and make some forum friends that you can share private messages with or feel safe enough to share your thoughts and experiences publically so everyone can get to know you better.

I for one am very interested to hear what you've been through although I may not be able to relate in the way others can as I'm only a voice hearer and my short bout with depression was many years ago, my social anxiety on the other hand is an on going battle that I seem to be winning more and more each day.

So if you wish you can PM me or tag me into any post that you've written (@NWiddi) whenever you feel like it and I'll always be happy to listen but I'm sure you'll get plenty more offers from our lovely members.

Always nice to meet another person from Yorkshire :)

Take care and I wish you all the best!
Thanks for reply. You say private messaging is available here? Didn’t realise.
I would always protect my anonymity as you can never be sure who you are talking to online. I’m just having a bad bout of depression just now, reminiscing over past failures and utterly miserable about the state of my life currently. This lockdown is making things even worse as I live alone. Worried I’m going to feel like this forever and be living alone forever.
Forgive the pity party. Can’t seem to snap out of this morbid feeling ☹

A

aisha23

Thanks for reply. You say private messaging is available here? Didn’t realise.
I would always protect my anonymity as you can never be sure who you are talking to online. I’m just having a bad bout of depression just now, reminiscing over past failures and utterly miserable about the state of my life currently. This lockdown is making things even worse as I live alone. Worried I’m going to feel like this forever and be living alone forever.
Forgive the pity party. Can’t seem to snap out of this morbid feeling ☹

what do you like to do?. hobbies?. interests?

what would you be doing if it wasn't for the lockdown. do you have life plans?

the lockdown is hard on many of us, but it will end. if it's not okay, it's not the end. remember that

M

Medusalinks

what do you like to do?. hobbies?. interests?

what would you be doing if it wasn't for the lockdown. do you have life plans?

the lockdown is hard on many of us, but it will end. if it's not okay, it's not the end. remember that
I like going for nature walks and looking at castles,(when I’m motivated and not miserable). I like exercises I.e running and yoga and Pilates. Recently I just can’t get the motivation or discipline to do anything 🥺 I’m really bad for procrastinating ☹

A

aisha23

I like going for nature walks and looking at castles,(when I’m motivated and not miserable). I like exercises I.e running and yoga and Pilates. Recently I just can’t get the motivation or discipline to do anything 🥺 I’m really bad for procrastinating ☹

they sound good hobbies.

so you like history?. do you have a favorite time of history? (for example I like henry the 8th)

M

Medusalinks

they sound good hobbies.

so you like history?. do you have a favorite time of history? (for example I like henry the 8th)
I like History particularly from 1066 through to the war of the roses. It’s good to know when you’re looking at castles and ruins. Also like listening to some modern history documentaries too. But obviously looking round historic sites is better. Last one I went to was York minster and climbing to the top.

Y

YogiLife

Just noticed I’ve been posting and replying on here for the last month or so. It seems very stunted, a limit of one reply exchange or two. Would like to be more like pen pals if it is people that can relate to what I’m saying. A more in-depth communication. Maybe I’m feeling especially lonely just now with lockdown and living alone,and the fact my family are avoiding me on Skype or phone as apparently I’m too miserable.
I would appreciate that-I'm also based near you which is pretty cool! Message if you wanna chat :)