• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Is there a 24/7 telephone line that offers counselling?

S

SarahEmm

I am aware of samaritans and breathing space but I just wondered if there was any others that don't just listen but talk you through and give advice?

Thank you

Z

Zoe1

hi SarahEmm :welcome: !

I think if you want more one to one attention
it depends what it is you want to talk about
if you try doing a search with more specific details

I think there are some that will work more intensively yes

:grouphug:🎼🐢🍀

K

karl7

hi sarah....have you got a mental health team, if so, you would haev access toa CPN (community psych nurse) i use one myslef and they understand sz etc....look in to it

W

WhySoSerious

Most Mental Health Services in the UK have some sort of MH support/helpline that you can access out of hours but they aren't counsellors. They may listen to you and offer suggestions but it isn't therapy, its support. Same as the Samaritans and other charities. Sadly if you want counselling you have to pay for it in most areas. Psychology won't be offered routinely, its mainly CBT or other short term therapy.

W

WhySoSerious

hi sarah....have you got a mental health team, if so, you would haev access toa CPN (community psych nurse) i use one myslef and they understand sz etc....look in to it
I think this depends where you live and how strict they are. Most people won't get in the door of a CMHT to be offered a CPN, at least in my area you have to be at breaking point. One friend that I know working at one of these sites said they have 150 people waiting for a CPN or other professional.

Z

Zoe1

you might also be able to claim PIP
so that you can pay for the therapy
and also find a low cost / sliding scale
through local services

:love: