• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is suicide ever the answer?

S

Slothster

I'm trying everything. Got so much support but I just dont have any other idea of what to do. But I can't do that to my bf, mom, family and friends. But I also cant keep putting them through all my shit. Suicide just seems like it's my only real option right now. Cant pass my work probation for my first job. Can't seem to do anything right for my mom or myself. Dying is fucking scary to think about but continuing on is a hell of a lot scarier I think...

fazza

fazza

Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

In other words the problems that you face today could be gone tomorrow or in the next few months and you never know what is around the corner.

If you were to end it now all you would do is pass on your sadness to those around you.

People love you no matter what as love is unconditional. i understand that right now you feel like you are putting your family through shit but in reality you are not.

You are normal and sometimes your family and friend need to support you as you are in need and tomorrow they could be in the same situation.

You are never a burden in life but the burden you would place on your family if you chose to end your life would be a thousand times worst than if you were to stick around to see what the next chapter of your life could be.

You are a half finished book. Your life is worth a happy ending with twist and turns along the way. Do not cut the story of your life short as you are valued and loved despite what your personal thoughts are right now.

Hell i don't know you but i respect and love your honesty. I want you to stick around as you have a purpose and life needs you.

Greatest respect and admiration

Andy

N

Nukelavee

When you are this upset, your emotions blind you to all but the harshest/hardest solutions, teh overpowered ones. It makes you see your life as one huge problem, when, really, it's a whole bunch of smaller ones. try to seperate out various issues, reduce them to understandable and solvable ones.

I'm not saying any of us can solve them, but try to list them here. Maybe some us will see an aspect you are missing, and can help give you some insight into a solution.

If you can solve one, teh rest become easier to deal with.
don't look for the magic solution that fixes everything, they seldom exist - try to chip away at what is weighing you down.

K

karl7

I'm trying everything. Got so much support but I just dont have any other idea of what to do. But I can't do that to my bf, mom, family and friends. But I also cant keep putting them through all my shit. Suicide just seems like it's my only real option right now. Cant pass my work probation for my first job. Can't seem to do anything right for my mom or myself. Dying is fucking scary to think about but continuing on is a hell of a lot scarier I think...
suicide is never the answer. PERIOD

A

aisha23

be kind to yourself, and remember we are here for you

what are you doing in terms of positive coping

what do you enjoy

A

aisha23

Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

In other words the problems that you face today could be gone tomorrow or in the next few months and you never know what is around the corner.

If you were to end it now all you would do is pass on your sadness to those around you.

People love you no matter what as love is unconditional. i understand that right now you feel like you are putting your family through shit but in reality you are not.

You are normal and sometimes your family and friend need to support you as you are in need and tomorrow they could be in the same situation.

You are never a burden in life but the burden you would place on your family if you chose to end your life would be a thousand times worst than if you were to stick around to see what the next chapter of your life could be.

You are a half finished book. Your life is worth a happy ending with twist and turns along the way. Do not cut the story of your life short as you are valued and loved despite what your personal thoughts are right now.

Hell i don't know you but i respect and love your honesty. I want you to stick around as you have a purpose and life needs you.

Greatest respect and admiration

Andy

I don't disagree with you but I do have to ask what about people with no family or no one around them?. it's a bigger issue than people realise. not everyone has a loving family/ friends. what about people in care or people who have had their family pass on

it's so easy to say to someone stay alive for this person for this person, but what if you have no one

just some thoughts

B

Billy Idol

Suicide is just a way out. No one can deny, unless you have no family or loved ones it is the most selfish and thoughtful of any act.

Life has it's ups and downs, never in the history of Man, has so many lives being put on hold as right now. Thus causing possibly the most people ever recorded Worldwide in depression at the same time.

But we will all pull through, work through the pain, don't give up. I know it is easy to say, but there actually IS always light at the end of the tunnel.

Crack on, the future is bright.