Is she Really On Drugs?

D

DREAMERDAN

My sister diagnosed with with BPD and she lies, emotionally bullies and begs my mum for money, and obviously my mum gives in. Usually she'll say she needs the money for food or to get a bus back to where ever she's staying.

We've suspected she has been using the money for drugs or alcohol but when you speak to her she doesn't really seem like she's on anything, she's seems perfectly rational in her behaviour, and she able to turn on the waterworks to get money off my mum.

Well my mum had a call today from a drugs abuse charity, trying to contact my sister, they got my mum's number from the shelter she was staying in, so maybe she is on drugs, but surely someone with a drugs addiction would appear irrational, spaced out, not normal?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
The effects only last a few hours with some drugs, hope she gets the help she needs.
Here to listen.
Welcome to the forum
Take care

M

mlw

Hi, just wanted to reach out. My ex is an addict and I could figure it out right away just by how he acted and behaved. Not so much his "looks" per say, however, that came more noticeable as time went on. Some people are highly functioning addicts, where some are not. A lot of people with personality disorders tend to be highly manipulative and lie a lot, same with substance abusers. Sometimes it can be hard to tell, but I could tell something was not quite right with my ex when I suspected something was up. I eventually found out by my own means of actions. Enabling is bad on your mother's part, but I am sure she feels bad and unsure what to do. She is dammed if she does and dammed if she does not. She is between a rock and a hard place, as that is her daughter. I hope things get better. :) Best of luck and wishes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Substance Abuse Forum 3
ghost_girl80 Substance Abuse Forum 18