• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is relationship paranoia part of BPD? Is this me being paranoid?

• Thread starter Sapphirepenguin9900
  • Start date
S

Sapphirepenguin9900

So earlier this year I managed to work myself up into a right state thinking my boyfriend was talking to one of my friends online because they were coming online at the same time. This was someone who he would never be interested in but my head wouldn’t let it go. I ended up deleting that friend, and it was probably the best decision I could make (we didn’t talk anymore anyway)

Then of course a month back I start noticing it happen with another friend, this time a close one I can’t just delete. Again no reason they would talk. Then my friend goes and adds my boyfriend on Facebook so of course I’m basically dissociating at this point over it. Instantly message my friend like “Urm what’s going on?” She’s said she adds all her friends boyfriends on Facebook and she added him when the got together and he only just accepted. Sent me a screenshot of the notification and said she has no interest in him and would never do that to me. Haven’t heard from her since but then again she has never spoken to me much. I asked my boyfriend and he said she added him 2 days prior and he seemed to find it odd. So I just kinda let it go.

Now I’m worrying again because me and my boyfriend usually send memes back and forth all day on Facebook. All of a sudden he has just stopped doing this. So of course my stupid head is like “well what if he has a new account to talk to her on and he’s always logged into that now”. So that’s were I’m at, I’m becoming increasingly stressed over this and can’t even tell of this is my stupid head making stuff up anymore someone help.

I really want to ask him why he isn’t using it anymore to talk to me but I don’t want to come across clingy or babyish. I feel guilty for having these thoughts as well because I really do love him.

PetitPois

PetitPois

Yeah, this is one of the worst parts of BPD to me. It's hard work trying to stop these reactions. A daily struggle often.

Sorry you are suffering with it right now, I know it is hell. Maybe explain to your boyfriend about these thoughts you can't help. It would be good if he was aware of what you go through. I know it is hard for people without BPD to understand though.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

yeah...he started talking on Facebook again this morning then stopped an hour later its just so frustrating because I keep going round in circles with my thoughts. It's like my brain only wants to believe this one thing it has come up with.

PetitPois

PetitPois

I know it's mental torture. I have worked hardest on this part of my BPD because I know how damaging it can be to those closest to me. Its still there but a lot more controlled now. The biggest change for me is when I feel hurt I don't shut people out. I go through the pain and put my feelings on the table even at the risk of feeling or looking stupid. Really hard to do at times.

Heidrun

Heidrun

yeah...he started talking on Facebook again this morning then stopped an hour later its just so frustrating because I keep going round in circles with my thoughts. It's like my brain only wants to believe this one thing it has come up with.
Wow I can relate so much to this. My mind also does this with my friends, these thoughts are so strong. Is this common with BPD then? Since I don't have that

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

Im guessing its common with bpd but probably an anxiety thing as well. my boyfriends seen my message on facebook now and not responded and even came back online...of course now i think hes doing it on purpose agh im fed up.

Heidrun

Heidrun

These thoughts are killing at the moment, and later I always regret and feel guilt. Have you tried talking about it?

Heidrun

Heidrun

I told my friends I had these thoughts and they are really supportive. One actually helped me so much by trying to give extra information and trying to give me extra confirmation that there's nothig happeneing