• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is recovery after 7 months psychosis possible?

Voytek

Voytek

Hello, my name is Voytek. I`m new here. :)

Sorry for my awful english in advance. :mrgreen:

I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia and I was taking clozapine
about 1 years and when I stoped taking this medicament too quickly, I
felt into psychosis for about 7 months and no medication could helped
me. My psychosis has ended without using any meds. Now I dont use any
meds from half a year and I feel quite good, with no any mental problem
but this psychosis made me much less intelligent and I have problems
with talking. Im just dumb. I`m using special diet supplementation (oil
fish, rhodiola extract, zinc, grape seed extract, lions mane) now and I
believe that can help me regain my intellectual potential. Is recovery
possible? Do you know any method that could help me regain myself?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yes recovery is possible. If your psychosis has ended now, you have a good chance.

Kerome

Kerome

Time does help, and meditation, and an extensive programme of de stressing and following your own interests to slowly rebuild your appetites and mental energy. Doing art helped too, and simple work, I made toys in a carpentry workshop for a while.

Voytek

Voytek

Thank you for your replies, guys. :)

Doeas anybody know any supplementation or excercises/activities that could help me in recovery?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Thank you for your replies, guys. :)

Doeas anybody know any supplementation or excercises/activities that could help me in recovery?
Not really, I think you do what you need to do. There are no magic fixes. People talk about listening to music or doing art - but essentially is down to you.

Kerome

Kerome

It does take time and lots of it, a couple of years maybe. Dance helps as well, more than plain old physical exercise, which helped me only a little. In terms of art I tried sculpture in clay and drawing, and they both helped at different times. I was part of a therapeutic community for a while, and that helped as well, just cooking and cleaning as a group, it's worth looking to see if you can get a place at a facility like that.

Voytek

Voytek

But there msut be a way to accelarate recovery process...

Any tips would me more than appreciated.

porkpie

porkpie

For me any type of stress can be a trigger, so a stress free environment is a must.

Voytek

Voytek

For me any type of stress can be a trigger, so a stress free environment is a must.
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I live peacful life so this is my trump. :) There`s no time presure on me but in that case the sooner the better. That`s why I`ve asked about acceleration methods.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I live peacful life so this is my trump. :) There`s no time presure on me but in that case the sooner the better. That`s why I`ve asked about acceleration methods.
What can you do? Take medication? It will suppress the symptoms but it is not a cure?

Yes less stress helps. Keep talking.

Voytek

Voytek

What can I do?

I must continue my little struggle and believe that recovery is possible. :)

But as I wtore, I want to know, what can help me in this `mortal kombat`. :p
Do you know any special way to recover brain from this `dementia`? I know the time is the best doctor, but I want to find something that can `cheat` this doctor and accelarate progress. :)

Ok, there`s no magic fix but there must be something that could makes a little magic to help.

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

What can I do?

I must continue my little struggle and believe that recovery is possible. :)

But as I wtore, I want to know, what can help me in this `mortal kombat`. :p
Do you know any special way to recover brain from this `dementia`? I know the time is the best doctor, but I want to find something that can `cheat` this doctor and accelarate progress. :)

Ok, there`s no magic fix but there must be something that could makes a little magic to help.
Take a multivitamin/ omega 3.
Eat proper meals/ Sleep well.
Act mentally 'healthily' - don't keep things bottled up.
Live an honest life.
Have a good laugh - laughter is the best medicine.

Voytek

Voytek

I read that psychosis kills brain cells very stronly, so may be I should look up something to reverse brain cells death?

What you think about this?

Code:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/2011/11/reverse-brain-cell-death-by-growing-new-mitochondria/page-01

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I read that psychosis kills brain cells very stronly, so may be I should look up something to reverse brain cells death?

What you think about this?

Code:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/2011/11/reverse-brain-cell-death-by-growing-new-mitochondria/page-01
It is news to me. Depends what you need your brain for? Thinking clearly and simply does not require a lot of brain power - and will suit most things.

Voytek

Voytek

I just want to regain my high intellectual potential but I`m affraid, it`s almost impossible considering my actual state of mind. Now I feel like I`m retard. I was quite intelligent guy and I was on philosphical doctoral studies and now I`ve problems with simple talks... May be I should use theraphy for former drugs abusers with brain problems? :p