• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is our friend's girlfriend mental?

M

milk

my husband and i have agood friend whose girlfriend is frigtening.he is a really nice fella unfortunately his gal have unreasonable behaviour that cause them to split up 2 years back.he had enough of her insecurity, petty and hysterical behaviour. 3 mths back they decide to work it out again i guess deep down he still love her and she seems to be in control of her own emotions now but as soon as the relationship start progressing, her old ways came back.i have heard from him and our other friends in our circle about her unnessary outburst before until last week i get to personal encounter it myself. she really freaks me out when she took it out on my three years old son.
in the past ,she already have dispute with 4 of our friends for the smallest reason.and that's when we knew she not quite right. i shall start with her behaviour then move on to the flare up with my son. please bear with my long post.

jealousy : when ad advert of woman in bikini came on the tv, she came screaming, quickly put up her hands to cover her bf's face and exclaimed "Nooo,you can't see that." she is socialable but her moods change when her bf is having a happy conversation with us.she don't like him to keep in touch with his female buddy whom been friends for ages, where as she only got together for couple months only.

uncaring: she was singing at a karaoke session when my son fell from the couch beside her.he was crying and all she did was screamed into the mic,took a glance and continue singing while i rush over to comfort him.

unkind:very nasty to the waitress,not shy to express her displeasure when food is not up to her standard.

unreasonable: she agree to do a favour by translating some words in one of our friend's restaurant menu. after an argument with him, she ask him to pay her money for that favour she did.

there are more but to cut the story shorter i shall tell you guys about her outburst that night.

she was very hostile when we arrive at his bf place that nite but anyway she didn't respone to my small talk but rather glue herself to the pc so i left her alone while the guys were in the yard, i sat down to draw with my boy in the hall. he then proceed to go to her chair, step up and kneel at the side of the chair she was sitting to reach for the pen at the desk. she suddenly got up in an angry manner to go complain to her bf that he was a disturbance to her. she didn't care if my son might fall off from there. i hinted to my hubby and other frieds that we shld leave since everyone can see she is acting up again. so i told my boy to go wear his shoes while i wash up one cup. her bf joked to my boy to stay over and that woman heard it and shouted "no cannot!" eventhough he was only joking. my boy wanted to put back the pen so he tried to step on her chair and then she mumble something to him and he started to cry. my hubby went to carry him and ask "you must have been naughty right? he replied softly she bullied me and bam.she started pointed shouting at that poor kid "you shut up!" my hubby hey at her and wanted to continue saying he is only a small kid for goodness, when her bf got up to tell her off for her behaviour.she bang the mouse hard and defend herself that my son tried to spit at her 2mths back and they(hubby and me) did not disciple him.i was shocked because we did correct him there and then and also apologize maybe she wanted to see us hit him so she will be satisfied. all the friends left his place including us by then they were arguing. later on he called us to tell us it's over betweem them she had gone too far this time.

she used to call me often to find out about this guy when he dump her,she is always hysterical and couldn't absorb advice,always telling me how cute my boy is and how she hope to have a baby too. it's all pretending coz she only wanna make use of me to find out about him.so what you think abot her bahaviour?boderline personality?

i was angry and sad that my child have to be he victim this time and mad that we couldn't tell her off because it would put our friend in a tought spot.
thanks for reading.

Last edited:
M

milk

Sorry for all the typing error hope above, hope it is not too difficult to read.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not sure what you mean by 'is our friend's girlfriend mental?'.I'm sorry,but your choice of words seems demeaning to people who have mental health problems,and that's most people here.

M

milk

so sorry about that for my choice of words. no offense i don't mean it that way just that i am from asia and that is how we use the term here even by doctors.we don't have such forum there and this is my first post so thanks for teaching me the correct term.Our friend do want to find out more so as to ask her to seek advice from doctors.
SINCERLY apologies again.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the apology.
I'm sorry I cant help with your question because I'm not a Doctor,and there is not enough information.

Your friend's girlfriend would have to see a Doctor and then perhaps a psychiatrist who may or may not diagnose a problem.

T

Twylight

Yep, GP or/and Psychiatrist

Borderlines normally show many other symptoms

D

Dollit

She could have a mental health problem but she could also just be a very nasty person. No one here could make a diagnosis and no one in her circle of friends and family can make her go to a doctor.

I'd keep well away from her no matter how nice the boyfriend can be.

invise

invise

Maybe she is just a nasty piece of work? There are people like that, I certainly wouldnt want to know her. On the other hand maybe she does have some serious underlying problems. In either case I dont think theres any way that you can help her, since shes never gonna listen to you or let you in, and if I had a kid and someone was like that to them - I wouldnt want to help her.

So which ever the reason for her being like that is id just stay well away. Dont lose contact with your friend because of it though. If she cant handle him talkin to you then I doubt shes the girl for him. Be careful though.

M

maudikie

Milk.

You don;t mention the age of the two people you are concerned about. In my opinion they seem petty immature and I wonder if they are teenagers going through the usual difficulties of teenage.:) Neither do youmention the boy;s health or where they met. this might be of some help.:)

Last edited:
M

milk

both of them are in the 30s. i have post a new topic about my mum at the schizophrenia side. thanks for your reply

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Mental Health Experiences 2