• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

is no news good news?

P

Pffft

or are they kicking me while i'm down?

ive not heard i would say its coming to the 6 week mark. when is it they will get to me? im wanting to know where i stand..(this isnt me starting the claim this is after a 6 month period after being put in support group)

muddlemummy

muddlemummy

I don't know Hun. I have been in the support group for 6 months as well and recently sent off my renewal form. It came back within 2 weeks as the support group again. I did not have a medical either time.

My last DLA renewal took ages and I eventually emailed DWP for an update as I don't use the phone. I didn't get a reply to my email but I got my decision letter with the same level of award a couple of days later. I reckon it speeded things along - might be worth a try?

Good luck

mami5

mami5

Hi I think these things tale longer because of all the backlog they have. I made my first claim in September of last year, filled in a form for ATOS in December, had medical in June, found out I failed it in August, claimed against it immediately, got all paperwork back in November ready for tribunal, got phonecall off CAB couple of weeks ago to say it will take 8/9 months for tribunal. In meantime I get lower rate pay!!! That's justice for the ill/sick for you!!!

P

Pffft

2 weeks ... bloodyhell ... i bet that was a relief getting it back and also with the good news :) and i dont know what to do tbh... part of me wants to know.. but then there is a big part of me that expects them to be like "you are fit for work bla bla bla" sort of thing.. when they got back to me after i first applied they said i needed to attend a medical and phoned me to organize the date... and then few weeks later i got another letter stating that it was no longer necessary and that my case has been reviewed by a mental health something (cant remember might be psychologist) and i dont claim DLA lol

aand mami5 i hope you are right about the backlog lol i cant believe how long they have dragged it out for you... do they not think about how this process affects you!? have you had the tribunal yet?

mami5

mami5

Still waiting for tribunal date. CAB reckons a few more months yet!! She's hoping to send her report in January.

Hope you hear something soon. x

P

Pffft

cant believe you haven't even got a date yet! :( ... i got a letter through today.. the brown one from job centre.. was like right okay.. you know what this is mam. ripped it open and it was some letter about national insurance.. wasn't even about what was happening with where i stand... not impressed. :\