• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is my roommate a Psychopath?

M

MrMichaelAng

So I couldn’t find anywhere else to find answers to my issue so I hope I can get some insight here and maybe other good places for insight as well.

My issue is with a friend of my ex gf that moved into my home recently. My ex is a narcissist or atleast the world runs around her thoughts of everything period. Her friend is a very soft spoken Jamaican women is her early 40’s that acts much older. She has a 9 year old daughter that she keeps attached to her hip.

So she asked my mom to move in for a while because she was having issues at her last place. She seems to have been moving around all her life. She talks a great game about how she has never had any problems with anybody (Red Flag) but of course she had been done wrong a lot.

Once she moved in I felt bad for her and tried to help her get on her feet right. She was working delivery and barely making anything. But theirs some weird things I noticed about her:

She stared at me uncomfortably until I said something about it. Like when I would see her in the morning we would say Hello but she would keep looking way too long. Or when we a just talking of when I gave her a couple rides.

She pretends to be into what I’m into but her actions do show it. She told me that she listens to me talk because she doesn’t like to be rude and makes it like she’s doing me a favor even fter I told her she can just let me know and leave but she uses this to make herself feel like she’s pitying me.

She even compared me to a school saying give her some time to learn some of the spiritual stuff I studylike theyin school online like I’m her personal education course.

I wanted her to feel like she could earn some money so I let her clean my bathroom and it was so weird. She was trying to get me to let her in my room to clean while I was gon and I’m like, Hell No”

So my family had a 2 year old dog that didn’t get to play as much around the house as we would like because we are too busy. The houseguest and the daughter lets the dog out of his cage and the lil girls plays with him outside but the dog and girl run in and out the house.

The dog bit the houseguest once for trynna take a blanket he was humping on. Are dog never bit anyone and she kept putting her finger up towards my face almost in a kiss it type way while I put a bandaid on for her.

We have set in the car a couple times listening to music and it got creepier. Randomly she asked me how long can I go without blinking thinking I’m sure that I was going to let her stare into my eyes like do you think I’m dumb that’s some soul stealing crap.

I can tell she’s always mimicking my behaviors and uses my facial expressions back at me. Somehow she got me to talking about things that would instantly scare the crap out you. This led us to agreeing one of the Top 5 would be losing site of your child in a store amongst other things like being told you lost power on an airplane and your vehicle missing from a parking lot.

So not even 24hrs later I get a call saying are family dog is missing. My mom was working in the garage with the door up but she doesn’t remember the dog sneaking by her. There also is no lock in the side gate but it was closed and she claims her daughter wouldn’t open the gate.

She claims she talked to my mom and went to the room because she wasn’t feeling well and she claims the dog and her daughter was in the backyard last. Nobody notices the dog is missing until my son came home looking for him and after checking the neighborhood we came up with nothing.
My moms in her 70’s so she can’t really call the story back but she was coming in and out the garage but doesn’t remember ever seeing the dog or the girl.

I asked her did she talk to her daughter about it and she said no. She told me to go get her daughter and I was suppose to ask but she instantly turn her daughter her way and then got up and we went to the backyard to talk about the gate and it seemed staged.
I asked the little girl about when was the last time she was with the dog and she said he was going in the cage but turned around right after and said she seen him at or through the door I’m assuming there room or one of the others.

Houseguest claims the daughter stayed in the room until they ordered food and came out to get it. Nothing was said about the dog at all. My mom doesn’t mess with the dog like that and they agreed it was too hot outside so why didn’t the houseguest become aware the do was no where in site? Why not ask my mom has she seen or even her child because we don’t even have the dog running round in the house much.

She also told me she though a Bday card and a song I told her was a great end of a car ride song was saying I have deep feelings for her.

I feel like either her daughter let him go because he bit her mom or she did. But either way the mom has a lot of disorder traits. She thinks words are feelings instead of a person with feelings expressing words.

What am I dealing with here.

M

MrMichaelAng

Sounds deep. Welcome
Yea I tried to shorten it up as much as possible as not to loose the understanding but she seems to be very good at kind of like controlling in a submissive type of way. Like I told her I would pay her to do some assistance work on the computer but the next day she said nothing about it yet she comes to me like a few days later like what do I want her to do like she’s entertaining herself playing subordinate.
Then since I’ve been trynna figure out the dog disappearance she ends up talking to my mom again but of course my mom thinks she started the convo and she claimed she was going to leave because she didn’t feel comfortable but guess what..My mom asked her to stay..I’m not a psychologist but I’ve studied a lot on this subject and I’m certain that she at the very least has a control issue.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Honestly it doesn’t sound like anything pathological it just seems like a very strange person here. If she makes you uncomfortable why not ask her to find another place to stay?

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Yea I tried to shorten it up as much as possible as not to loose the understanding but she seems to be very good at kind of like controlling in a submissive type of way. Like I told her I would pay her to do some assistance work on the computer but the next day she said nothing about it yet she comes to me like a few days later like what do I want her to do like she’s entertaining herself playing subordinate.
Then since I’ve been trynna figure out the dog disappearance she ends up talking to my mom again but of course my mom thinks she started the convo and she claimed she was going to leave because she didn’t feel comfortable but guess what..My mom asked her to stay..I’m not a psychologist but I’ve studied a lot on this subject and I’m certain that she at the very least has a control issue.
Seems to me you need to be more patient. Try a softer approach. Maybe ask her instead of comp work if she wants to go for a walk. Walking can help work out a lot of frustration and issues. And it does sound like your frustrated. Sry you're going through this. Welcome again