Is my girlfriend a narcissist/sociopath?

S

SnoopySnoopy

I've been dating my girlfriend for over a year. Here are my suspicions of sociopathy or maybe narcissism?

-Has very few friends - only 1 close friend before she met me
-Withholds affection when angry, and gives silent treatment
-Stands by her statement that shes's not better than everyone but "better than most"
-Asks me often to tell her why I love her. Seems to crave much more sexual activity from me than for me.
-Sometimes wants calculated breaks. No texting/calling for the rest of the night, or for the next day.
-Says the best way to get revenge is to make the other person feel guilty. Sometimes makes me feel guilty when things aren't my fault.
-Definitely likes to be in charge of projects and a leader. Can get cocky with it.
-All of her stories usually consist of her being the hero or how she really helped someone.
-In public she'll embarrass me very often but it's just "teasing" and "joking" to her.
-Seems to ignore when I'm speaking, but when I tell her, she almost forcefully listens to me, looking sympathetic towards my story.

But with all of this, she's a brutally honest person, and I've seen her cry in private, and often she'll cry over me with happy tears when we haven't seen each other in a while. Talks about how her heart flutters and I feel like I can see real love in her eyes, and true happiness everytime she says I love you. Does NOT hold grudges. No drinking drugs or unlawful behavior. Very polite and loving to strangers, not rude. Extremely close with her family and loves cuddling and intimacy.

I'm confused. Help. I just need to hear others' thoughts.

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
She's not a sociopath, then she would be abusive, probably physically . . She might be selfish, and callous . . Try Giving her some-thing nice, see if she likes it, It could work <3 <3

nomask

nomask

Mental illnesses must cause disruption in the persons life, they must struggle with it. A mental illness can't exist to be a reason why a person hurts others or is selfish, but it is easy to go to go to that conclusion. She does not seem like she's been kind to you, I'd go as far as to say toxic, but I don't think this is a personality disorder. Doing things like embarrassing you in public or withholding affection from you - those are choices she made.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Personality Disorders Forum 2
angry butterfly Personality Disorders Forum 3