• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is my boyfriend obsessed with road cycling? He has only a 26” waist!

L

LouiseRose89

He weighed himself in front of me yesterday and he weighs 10 stone and 2 pounds. I checked a BMI calculator and he’s at the lower end of the scale when it comes to being considered a healthy weight.

He told me that he couldn’t imagine himself being any heavier and that he wouldn’t allow it to happen anyway. Is it normal to want to stay a certain weight? I mean, I don’t think the same way as he does, but I don’t think I would be happy if I put on any weight. I don’t think he’s weird to want to stay a certain weight.

L

LouiseRose89

@Nukelavee

Do you know any other guys who are the same size waist as you are?

The reason I’m asking you is because I can’t think of any other guy who is the same or near enough the same height and weight as my boyfriend. I do know guys who are slim, but not 6ft or thereabouts and a 26” waist.

I know that you are 5’9 so the average height for a man, but do people ever make comments about your weight? Do you get stared at by strangers?