• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

is Loranzepam safe or Buspar buspirone

J

jacko

Last year I had a 9 hr operation for a small tumor on the ampular vater. after recovery I had to have adjuvent chemo treatment for 6 months. during this period I became very anxious and panic attacks started. I am on Loranzepam at the moment 1mg per day,it gives me relief when I take it but in between taking the tablet, The anxiety is becoming unbareable, I wake up shaking, frightened, feel like I am in a nightmare. I am also frightened of becoming addicted to Loranzepam, so I do not want to increase this dose, (As suggested by the doc) I an thinking of going on Buspirone to help me and eventually stopping th loranzepam. Has anyone had similair experience or have any words of advice I feel desperate.

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

I'm not sure, I have only taken lorazepam on a when required basis. I think you should talk over the pros and cons of each with your Dr.

Q

quality factor

Medication behaves differently for people, it would be helpful if you discussed your thoughts with your GP who might be able to give more insight into your query. Good luck!

QF.

J

jacko

loranzepam or buspar

Just want to thank the both of you for replying to my question. I am going to stick with the loranzepam, and try to cut it down slowly.

Thanks again for your time