• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is it usual or illegal to run experiments on detained patients ?

A

Amberleyleak

Is it usual of mental ward to run experiments on detained patients inside, without patients agree?

Can it be illegal to run no matter what kind of experiments including mental or psychological ones against patients wish or permission? Despite patient is detained under section two which regard as "rights taken away"?

A

Amberleyleak

It is illegal to run experiments on psych patients without their consent.

ILLEGAL - thanks for confirming.

I also wonder if patients detained under section two, and unfortunately ward staff indeed make crimes including harming patients, in hospital do patients have rights to call police even under section two "rights are taken away"?

I'd be grateful if you can advise me thank you.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hospitals do not perform experiments on patients illegally.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Is it usual of mental ward to run experiments on detained patients inside, without patients agree?

Can it be illegal to run no matter what kind of experiments including mental or psychological ones against patients wish or permission? Despite patient is detained under section two which regard as "rights taken away"?
Conventions on human rights means all should be treated as such.

A

Amberleyleak

Hospitals do not perform experiments on patients illegally.
Of course it's not allowed, unless some of those work in hospital commit crimes like another criminals , even it's very unusual to be happened but not equal it certainly impossible.. Like those work in hospital not following the rules and instructions but commit wrong doings themselves, of course it's not hospital's idea just from those staff making crimes.

A

Amberleyleak

Conventions on human rights means all should be treated as such.
Yes that's right, but unfortunately no one can guarantee it certainly impossible to happen.

No one will even believe it unless they have such unbelievable experience, for example unless patients detained into ward otherwise they will never expect or believe what happen exactly inside hospital ward.

And its certainly can directly report to police if such crimes mentioned above happen, but most issue is if its in hospital, and it's between hospital staff(make those crimes) and detained patients(harmed victims), it can be confusing and controversial to define it as crime or just hospital complaint, if just complaint certainly police is not necessary but can only go to some organisations for complaints or patients charity.. However if its really crime or illegal inside staff, it might also cause delay since whatever other investigations mostly not have those powers can replace police especially the arrestment.. It can give criminals staffs more space to for example remove evidence... If they made themselves not belong to hospital.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Of course it's not allowed, unless some of those work in hospital commit crimes like another criminals , even it's very unusual to be happened but not equal it certainly impossible.. Like those work in hospital not following the rules and instructions but commit wrong doings themselves, of course it's not hospital's idea just from those staff making crimes.
I don't believe that could happen easily because there is a team of staff on a rota, bank staff coming in and out, students, other visitors, somebody would notice.

A

Amberleyleak

I don't believe that could happen easily because there is a team of staff on a rota, bank staff coming in and out, students, other visitors, somebody would notice.
I don't believe either, and I don't think most people will believe that happen, it's not easily to be but doesn't mean can guarantee that never happened, it can be difficult to make but can also possible if those have some other special situations to benefit them.

And despite whatever team or "safety", firstly it can be possibility from official tongue, and no one can guarantee it exactly the same in reality inside ward, of course everyone outside never experienced will keep such belief or expect like common knowledge.
Even its officially keeping whatever those terms or conditions or security, no one can guarantee if there's certainly no possibility of one or group of staff inside never make crimes. It can be also if hospital system for example security or whatever still not significant enough having a "gap" for criminals to make crimes but not that easy to be caught including their own occupations inside they might easier to assess or stay away from being concerned.

Besides in this country, even not saying hospital, some crimes of incidents/conflicts outside, even serious enough to be concerned involving police also, but never being reported by official or government media.. Some counties people can only know the news by some unofficial communities on Website eg. F***book. Not published officially can be one of the reasons like "concern about reputation of the county" for example if its officially published more people might find that country a terrible place/causing bigger panic.
Of course not all unpublished crime incidents certainly have that reason to hide, but there is indeed some of such situations can happen, even myself I got one just happened in a pub near my home, that night was rarely serious, police came too, can be quite a big news, but officially it's never reported, people only share it on F***book unofficial communities opened by Internet users.

That can be an example of news can be non transparency. Even some really serious issues, for whatever reason it won't be shown on official or popular media... Please have inspiration from how come wiki leak famous.

My point is, even those unbelievable crimes happened in hospital, no one will guarantee it will be officially published, but never reported doesn't mean the crime certainly never happened, despite it's hidden can be one of the reasons like eg. "for the 'wellbeing' of hospital's reputation" or "doesn't want to cause big panic".

Of course such crime never happened surely fine, and if happened publishing it to cause panic won't appear to be good situation, it's good and bad - since it's intimidating yet not reported, people will still never know the truth but keep that "official" belief... Think about if that issue not being raised or concerned, in future there will be more detained victims if those terrible experiments can still go on or being ignored to stop them.

If unfortunately such intimidating experiments indeed existed.. Of course no one want it happened, but it DID happened...
Of course public can find it unacceptable its surely last thing everyone want to happen, think about how many sick people need support... But is it surely a good solution to have an ignoring attitude as if the issue never exists - but reality is it actually exists..

Anology :
Think about it's just like ostriches, they hide their head in ground as if it's equal to no beasts gonna getting near to kill them just because they NEVER SEEN/KNOW beasts exist around (their heads hidden underground so unable to see if there's beast near)...once a starving beast is here ready to have the meat, but ostrich didn't see the beast since head is hidden in ground... rest assured how it grounds...

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry, i have found it difficult to understand your posts, whether to be upset that people have been treated badly, which does happen i am sure, or whether to be worried that you are unwell. Some of your posts sound like you are unwell so i am not sure how to help at all.

If you need to discuss any problems with your own care, you should talk to PALS who will be able to help look into it. For general worries about hospital care in general, perhaps your MP? You could write to them.

R

Rex Smith

Sounds like a movie i watched the other day. When they called them Insane Asylums.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Mental Health Experiences 11