• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is it trauma if i keep remembering embarrassing things i did in the past?

F

fluffpill

And then i want to die. I can’t get rid of past memories that are extremely embarrassing. People know about those experiences but they don’t know i suffer from schizophrenia so they think i am just weird or crazy or psycho etc. I feel so embarrassed i want to die. And i am not even depressed.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

What you did in your past is in your past. You have to forgive yourself and know a lot of people feel the same way as you. I went through it myself. No one knows. Only you. If your not depressed how is it bothering you?

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

I'm not sure if extreme embarrassment comes under trauma. Although it can certainly feel like it is.

irwin

irwin

I have bad memories of being bullied at my last job, but a lot of it is self-directed anger for not dealing with it effectively at the time. Sometimes, I ruminate about it while trying to sleep. It could be PTSD, I guess. I ruminate about other things, too -- mainly assholes who I've had to work for -- incompetent people who never should have been in charge of anything.

S

SunnyDaze

And then i want to die. I can’t get rid of past memories that are extremely embarrassing. People know about those experiences but they don’t know i suffer from schizophrenia so they think i am just weird or crazy or psycho etc. I feel so embarrassed i want to die. And i am not even depressed.
Anything can feel traumatic and be traumatic to a person. What traumatizes one person may not bother another at all,we are all different.

That,however,does not automatically mean PTSD. People tend to think anything upsetting or that feels like trauma means they have it and that's not accurate. There's specific criteria needed for a diagnosis, including severe level of trauma.

That being said,im sorry you're struggling so much and feel so embarrassed. It might be a good idea to talk it through with a therapist to work past it.

Hugs

F

fluffpill

What you did in your past is in your past. You have to forgive yourself and know a lot of people feel the same way as you. I went through it myself. No one knows. Only you. If your not depressed how is it bothering you?
I want to die when i remember something embarrassing but i am not depressed i dont feel depressed i just wish i wasnt alive

S

SunnyDaze

Please seek help @fluffpill

A professional can help you work through this and not feel the way you do.

I understand how you feel, there's some things that make me cringe so bad that I'm so absolutely humiliated about.

hicks

hicks

I have bad memories of being bullied at my last job, but a lot of it is self-directed anger for not dealing with it effectively at the time. Sometimes, I ruminate about it while trying to sleep. It could be PTSD, I guess. I ruminate about other things, too -- mainly assholes who I've had to work for -- incompetent people who never should have been in charge of anything.
Amen to that.
There's a lot of them about.
People don't change jobs, they change managers. Certainly has been the case for me.

I also often dwell upon embarrassing events in my life. The human brain is like that unfortunately. It remembers these negative episodes.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

Hi Fluff,
I think you might need to talk to a therapist, they can help guide you through it easier. You can call your doctor for an appointment or if your feeling low you can call an ambulance. Also the suicide help line is 1-800-273-8255. Please tell us what you decide to do, ok. We’re here for you.💛

F

fluffpill

Hi Fluff,
I think you might need to talk to a therapist, they can help guide you through it easier. You can call your doctor for an appointment or if your feeling low you can call an ambulance. Also the suicide help line is 1-800-273-8255. Please tell us what you decide to do, ok. We’re here for you.💛
I’ll talk to my psychologist in my next appointment.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

Hi Fluff,
Have you ever tried distraction to calm the symptoms? Sometimes doing something you enjoy can help calm the voices or spending some time with people you enjoy being around.

F

fluffpill

Hi Fluff,
Have you ever tried distraction to calm the symptoms? Sometimes doing something you enjoy can help calm the voices or spending some time with people you enjoy being around.
Focusing on breathing and tapping always work for me i just feel too lazy to do it. i should start agaib.

K

Keesha

This might be a bit blunt for you and some others but &[email protected]# what others think of you. Only you know the truth and only you has to live through this trauma. The LAST thing you need to worry about is what others think of you. I’ve been through trauma that can’t possibly be explained and nor do I try. I let people think what they want because they are going to anyway. What matters most is what you think of yourself. Start by being gentle, patient, and compassionate with yourself. At this point in time, you are all that matters.

Might I suggest you get counselling, listen to as many self love audios, pod casts, books, DVD’s as possible and heal your soul. Strive to find joy one day at a time from the inside out. You deserve this. We all do.

There’s a self help workbook I just posted which is very helpful but the amount of resources online is invaluable.

Keep telling yourself ‘You love & approve of yourself while your mind and your body heals each day.’ Your mind will absorb this like a warm blanket.

You are loved and worthy of loving.
Never doubt this. ❤🙏❤

F

fluffpill

This might be a bit blunt for you and some others but &[email protected]# what others think of you. Only you know the truth and only you has to live through this trauma. The LAST thing you need to worry about is what others think of you. I’ve been through trauma that can’t possibly be explained and nor do I try. I let people think what they want because they are going to anyway. What matters most is what you think of yourself. Start by being gentle, patient, and compassionate with yourself. At this point in time, you are all that matters.

Might I suggest you get counselling, listen to as many self love audios, pod casts, books, DVD’s as possible and heal your soul. Strive to find joy one day at a time from the inside out. You deserve this. We all do.

There’s a self help workbook I just posted which is very helpful but the amount of resources online is invaluable.

Keep telling yourself ‘You love & approve of yourself while your mind and your body heals each day.’ Your mind will absorb this like a warm blanket.

You are loved and worthy of loving.
Never doubt this. ❤🙏❤
thanks