Is it Tourettes - I ask myself, and now putting the question to the forums posters?

N

natalie

Is it Tourettes - I ask myself, and now putting the question to the forums posters?

Hi everyone,

I was out later than I meant to be today, and, locally, very local near me, there just happened to have been soembody, via a bus stop (before I knew where they were), and, there was a very loud, very unsettling onmy part, dismebodied voice, coming out of nowhere, a lot and I mean a lot of traffic, and they were extremely disturbing louder than how normal loud conversations in the street, or on mobile phones, and they were swearing somethign indecent. In the short term, i ignored, deep down though, the cause of the culprit is still ringing in me, now the question and I obviously wouldn't know whether they were on meds, and I stayed out of the picture so to speak, my question is this; could this just possibly Tourrttes?! I ask myself, and now sharing out through the forums, and no, they certainly WEREN'T with anybody else.

I had to laugh jokingly, and there is a local non manned Police station, not very far - in my area, adn I felt with wit, they'll probably will feel to be out eventually to try to settle the matter culprit down, as of occasion a very long time ago, fortunately for me, they went there own ways, the voice still quipping, and I concentrated upon what I was doing, and also to concentrate traffic wise, for walking purposes crossing over roads etc, although in this instance, there's no actual main side road, well there is, i already cross over, when i realised, they dissappeared off, into oblivion -

so could this be Tourrettes' Syndrome, or not?

I'd be interested to discover through here, whether if this was the case, and no i couldn't even feel to begin to repeat off, on here, and or on PM, what the swear phrase or word was, it was certainly overall the the extremely loudness of this charactistic personage, which was disturbing and unsettling.

Many thanks all, to have taken the time for reading this;

Natalie, NB; I am a hearing voices and paranoia sufferer. Plus with anxiety mixed with too.

The class workout tomorrow, should hopefully help me to forget about the near miss incident, is it Tourettes wise, of today.

N

natalie

HI all,

I'm very much better since I first posted, I have been listening to music, and needleworking; tomorrow hopefully external factors wise outside of my community and care centre will hopefully be a happier day for me.

H

Helena1

You wouldn't be able to tell from one incident if they had Tourette's or not.

N

natalie

Hi everyone,

I have since calmed down, and I am now very much better. Looking very much forward and raring to go, for tomorrow I have had my medication dose, through it all, and am much much better this evening.

Retiring/going to bed earlier tonight, to be able to function better ahead for tomorrow.

Have a good Monday night all, if I can say have a good night in this forum section of MHF,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

A marked improvement.

Went out very early this morning, and the culprit hadn't been about ALL DAY, and that covers for when I set out again, for volunteering at 10.30, to enable me to have lunch, in my centre, and then the volunteering, they were not about, and certainly not about in my very localised area very near me, at 3.30 approx.

So I am now feeling very very much better. Just couldn't completely shake off, the incident at all yesterday and last night, and into this morning.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Natalie, if you tend to hear voices, it is unlikely that you would suddenly have Tourettes instead. Tourettes comes violently out of you like a big cough. Believe me, you don't want to develop a new, additional problem.

What else is going on with you today ?? I know you wrote that you felt better but I felt compelled to answer your original post.

:hug5:

Here's a hug for you especially.

N

natalie

HI Poopie,

You've misunderstood. I was out on my own, independantly about to be locally shopping, now, there was somebody else in the area where I was, and I had wondered, whether if they were a Tourettes sufferer, I know I am CERTAINLY NOT a Tourrettes, sufferer, thankfully, I just wanted to clear up that misunderstanding, I hope this is more understanding. Ah, I thought Tourettes was probably, mum felt that if someone swears very badly, that can be part of Tourettes, problem. Maybe my mother has it wrong completely as well.

Could anybody else shed the light on this, what are the symptons, major or minor, of Tourettes then, on the basis, of a post I've just read, and corresponded posted back to - just now?

Many thanks,

Natalie.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
whether or not it's tourettes theres an awful lot of people in this area of london not getting help for mental health. some through choice some not, and some would approve of people been left

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

A young man came to do some heavy yard work for us and he had Tourettes. The whole time he was digging out a large tree stump he was swearing quietly. Each swear was as if forced from him.

SomeGuywithAspergers

SomeGuywithAspergers

Tourette syndrome is characterized by tics which are uncontrollable physical movements such as twitches that are also usually paired along with vocal tics such as swears or just regular words. This is to the point that it affects social interaction.