• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is it supposed to hurt this much? *TW Self Harm*

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I've been SHing for 12 years. Tonight I may have taken it a little too far but my arm burns like fire even when I'm not moving it. It's never ever hurt like this before, is it supposed to or does that mean bad things??

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

it means youve finally gone too far. so u better quit

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Could have damaged some nerves friend. Id go get checked out and get some help. Time to stop.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I've been SHing for 12 years. Tonight I may have taken it a little too far but my arm burns like fire even when I'm not moving it. It's never ever hurt like this before, is it supposed to or does that mean bad things??
is there anyone you can tell?
You could call 111 if in UK
how is it now?
it may sting for many reasons, one being infection. How do you clean wounds? I'm not a nurse but I know a small infection can become life threatening even a cat scratch can lead to hospital admissions.

maybe you aren't dissociated so you can feel the pain. That is a good sign I think, that you don't need to sh anymore but it is a habit. I'm just guessing here.

please let us know how you are now

Most of them have closed up from the pressure wrapping I did. I know I need stitches and the time for me to get them before it's too late is coming closer but I just can't bring myself to go. I don't want stitches.

S

sadgirl

Please don't be frightened of asking for help if it needs stitches or dressings then so be it please seek medical attention