• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

is it safe to go out?

A

anne1999

hello everyone,

I feel generally unhappy in my career as well as private life. This is why I enjoy going out -- partially to numb myself, partially to explore how peculiar people can act at night in the city. And sometimes I do indeed have some fun, but I can go form over the moon to suicidal in a matter of seconds. I usually feel very happy while dancing, than sit for a while, and begin experiencing suicidal thoughts (i sometimes sh) and feel as if it is okay for tomorrow not to come. My journeys home are generally very risky and sometimes I'm not sure how I ended up in bed. I do not have anyone who would care for my safety for now. I sometimes look at myself in the mirror and I feel like I don't know me. On the next day excessive guilt is killing me. But it's my only way to let loose and forget about life for a while. It has however become worse in the last couple of weeks. I don't know if I should search for something else -- I am terribly afraid that the sh will get worse then.

if you have some thoughts to share I would enjoy reading them
sending love..

Z

Zoe1

hi Anne :welcome: !

ive been known to go out dancing on my own !
and also to feel happy about it
and then feel lonely on the bus home

ive always gone to things on my own
if there is no-one to go with

maybe you can afford a taxi home
and do it less often

:grouphug:🎨🖌🐢

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi, Anne! I think the Buddy System might work well in this scenario. Meaning you only allow yourself to go out if you have someone to go with you. See how it goes. If it gets worse being at home I would call a support line to help get you through this. Therapy would be ideal but not everyone is in a position where they can afford it. I think @Zoe1 s idea of taking a taxi to and from the bar or dance hall is a good one. Play safe! xo, j

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Self Harm Forum 4