Is it possible to have "mild paranoid schizophrenia"?

S

spacingspaces

And if so how would that present itself?

BetaMale

BetaMale

I guess you would be more suspicious about things than usual.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I believe it's possible as we all range in the severity of the condition

fazza

fazza

Think of it as a very wide spectrum. Some aspects of paranoia to some could be regarded as just hyper vigilance to others.
Some delusions are bizarre to some yet to others it may just be excentric behaviour.
Everyone of us is different and experience different levels of let's say mental discomfort (trying to find the right word)

The only people who really knows and can pigeon hole us is doctors and even then it can just be a tick box exercise.

Think of schizophrenia as a genre like in movies. Yes we have schizophrenia but each of us have our own plot lines plot twists and endings.

It's the same with all mental health conditions.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Should it so happen, I have mild forms of paranoia. However, depending on certain senarios, I have been in, or am in, on occasions, than my mild form of paranoia, can be very severe.

You could go into a deepening reactions in the sense of and in my case were people always talking about me or? And levels can rapidly increase. However, I am on medication which helps to a degree keep the paranoia acute/severe levels down, I would like to suggest that you book a GP appointment, if you don't mind me asking, are you paranoid mildy at the presen time, are you also feeling unsettled, you don't feel stablised, then I suggest, you book a GP appointment or contact the crisis team or duty doctor whom are attached to the community mental health teams, and they, can t hen assess you and point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes.

Natalie.

S

spacingspaces

Hi Folks,

Should it so happen, I have mild forms of paranoia. However, depending on certain senarios, I have been in, or am in, on occasions, than my mild form of paranoia, can be very severe.

You could go into a deepening reactions in the sense of and in my case were people always talking about me or? And levels can rapidly increase. However, I am on medication which helps to a degree keep the paranoia acute/severe levels down, I would like to suggest that you book a GP appointment, if you don't mind me asking, are you paranoid mildy at the presen time, are you also feeling unsettled, you don't feel stablised, then I suggest, you book a GP appointment or contact the crisis team or duty doctor whom are attached to the community mental health teams, and they, can t hen assess you and point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes.

Natalie.
I have a psych appointment on the 25th of September. I get paranoid in the sense that i always feel like my stepdad is trying to make me angry. I think i could be slightly correct in that assumption though at least as my mother thinks he does too a bit but i over exaggerate it. I think everyone i meet is basically a bad person and would mentally bring me down at any chance they got. i also have arguments with people in my head like i feel like they are communicating back to me through their minds and i fight with them in my head like that. I also feel like people can sort of read my thoughts/feel the energy from my thoughts and because of that my mind gets a lot of intrusive thoughts when i'm around people.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I have spoken to some people who don't hear voices but still have sz. Not saying it makes it more severe but there are differences between everyone. It's kinda like autism. There is a spectrum as other people have said.

Me for example you wouldn't know I had sz if I am taking my meds and you just saw me walking by. Only if you actually knew me you'd know there is a problem.

If I don't take my meds I am very low functioning. I cannot even leave the house I am so paranoid and anxious.

I have had psychosis since I was 16, and it wasn't until two years ago meds really kicked in properly thanks to a decent doctor. Now I am better than ever but still have my problems.

S

spacingspaces

I have spoken to some people who don't hear voices but still have sz. Not saying it makes it more severe but there are differences between everyone. It's kinda like autism. There is a spectrum as other people have said.

Me for example you wouldn't know I had sz if I am taking my meds and you just saw me walking by. Only if you actually knew me you'd know there is a problem.

If I don't take my meds I am very low functioning. I cannot even leave the house I am so paranoid and anxious.

I have had psychosis since I was 16, and it wasn't until two years ago meds really kicked in properly thanks to a decent doctor. Now I am better than ever but still have my problems.
I'm glad your feeling better. I have severe anxiety and yeah i'm low functioning most of the time i can't leave my house. Trying to find the right medication which will hopefully help.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
asked the gp the diagnosis he said residual schitzoprenia, i said not paranoid he said paranoid you can get better

one psychiatrist said if you said those little buggers were plottting against you i'd call you paranoid but you don't say that

and remember one social worker saying we haven't any decent housing

god knows what i'd be like off meds taken them non stop all my adult life now 61, last time in hospital aged 21 and god knows again thats held against me by the benefit system etc

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
You’ve done really well not being admitted for 40 years. Ive been in and out all my life. Ive been stable for eight years now but when i go i really lose it. Full of energy, organising and full of conspiracy theories. My family knows when I’m not well and get me help quickly, and try to keep me free of any stress as that is a known trigger

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i don't know at the dla tribunal they come in and say you haven't been in hospital for a long time i said i've got a friend telling me to come off my drugs to get the money and help and if this goes on much longer i might just do that

i don't appear to have family support those who blame the family would say it's a good thing

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :)

Just as people can have severe paranoid schizophrenia, others can have milder paranoid schizophrenia - it's simply a case of how much it disrupts your life, both today and for the futurex

Much love <3

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
one psychiatrist said get 7 psychiatrists get 7 different diagnoseses paranoid schitzoprenia is a nasty diagnosis sometimes given to young black men. wouldn't be surprised if the broadmoore censors remove that comment

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Schizophrenia Forum 10