• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is it possible to cure Panic Disorder?

nenexx

nenexx

Is it possible, and also I would like to know how to win agoraphobia, I do everything on my own but sometimes I tend not to go to certain places cuz imma afraid panic attack will be triggered.

sam999

sam999

its possible to reduce the symptoms but i dont if you know can completely cure it

H

haystack

I am anxiety free, I had therapy...almost nothing worked and then I learned that you have to "unplug the fear" associated with panic attacks and anxiety...it takes time to focus on something small in your hand or gaze at a painting taking slow breaths in and out. once you overcome the fear associated with panic attacks, you beat it...!! i have been panic and anxiety free since around 2002

L

Loz1924

I am anxiety free, I had therapy...almost nothing worked and then I learned that you have to "unplug the fear" associated with panic attacks and anxiety...it takes time to focus on something small in your hand or gaze at a painting taking slow breaths in and out. once you overcome the fear associated with panic attacks, you beat it...!! i have been panic and anxiety free since around 2002
That is a great comment to read! It gives some hope that maybe I'll get there one day 😊 to be anxiety and panic attack free sounds amazing!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

This. I never had panic disorder (and I still have chronic generalised anxiety), but I did get panic attacks and I didn't know what they were or why they occurred, and they really scared me. If I felt one begin, I'd instantly be scared, and this would just make the panic much worse.

Once I finally figured out what they were, they lost their power and I wasn't scared of them anymore. If I felt one beginning, I'd kind of be quite casual, bored almost, and think to myself "Blah, blah...ok, hello panic attack. In 10 minutes you'll be gone and my muscles will be sore from the shaking, but that can be my workout for the day, yay!" or something like that. lol.

I took away the fear and took back my control.

H

haystack

exactly...it really works I've said this on here a lot and I don't think people think it's possible...life without fear of panic attacks is key to defeating them...good post.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

exactly...it really works I've said this on here a lot and I don't think people think it's possible...life without fear of panic attacks is key to defeating them...good post.
Precisely. It's the cycle of panic - fear - panic attack that is the problem and can definitely be defeated!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Trigger warning - symptoms that can be disturbing ..anyone experienced this during or after panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
W Do I have a panic disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
J A Different Kind Of Panic Attack This Week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N Scared it's not a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
T Panic attacks but not anxiety triggered Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S Is Aesthetic Sensitivity A Sign of a Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K In a constant cycle of panic... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
MissPink Do I have this Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Panic, Anxiety, and Emetephobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
steelboss Vicious Anxiety, or Panic, or Heart. Who knows? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N Panic attacks are back after 4 years. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Passing out from panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Shayfury Med change triggered panic relapse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
lilbat Panic attack? Or something else? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Panic disorder for a year now Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
A Panic disorder help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
D GAD/Panic Disorder/ ADD and ... Vertigo ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
P Panic attacks becoming more frequent and intense. Not sure what to do. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
sparrowling Panic Attacks Rare Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
R Can panic last hours? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
J 45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
F Panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
H HEAT INDUCED PANIC ATTACKS - please share your experiences Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
hORIzonFINK210 how to jog a panic attack.> Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
I Parent with panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
D Having panic about my sexuality Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
Z Panic attacks or anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
Antimatter Panic attack! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
T i feel ashamed of taking my medication to stop my panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
M Feeling like I'm forever in panic mode Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
B Muted panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Antimatter Constant shortness of breath and panic Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
M Panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
Loobypie Panic attacks everyday at the same time for 17 days Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
S Panic attack symptoms Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 22
B Panic Attack symptoms Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N I had my first ever panic attack in one of my college classes Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
K My first severe panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
H Currently having a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5