• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is it possible for a person unable to work due to mental health to eventually have a successful life and career?

H

HippityHoppityHo

Hey,

I’m currently not working due to my mental health issues.

I have never coped well in any of my jobs and most have just lasted a few months.

is it possible for some one unable to work due to mental health issues to ever eventually have a successful life and career or is it just not possible?

My mental health issues I’ve been lifelong and chronic despite engaging with many services.

When I look online I only really see examples of celebrities who have had mental health issues but I am not interested in hearing about millionaires and superstars.

I wanna know if there are any people who have gone on to success despite at one point being unable to work due to mental health issues.

Thanks

p.s. I have Pure O OCD, binge eating disorder and mixed anxiety and depressive disorder

I also have awful social skills and I struggle to cope with life

tabris

tabris

Of course! Even though it may feel impossible I promise you there are plenty of people who struggle with mental health that are able to achieve success and happiness. It's never perfect or always easy but that's just the reality of it. It's the same as physically disabled people who are able to find work despite being disabled. I know what it's like to want to give up or not see any future for yourself, but it's absolutely possible to live a fulfilling life even with mental illness.

N

natalie

When it come s tow ork, or a successful career it's a very grey a rea, in relation to mental health now you rb est way foward, would be volunteering, that way, you can get a taste of, what it would be like if were in a paid job. As Is ay, work and mental health, do not mix.