• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is it normal for community nurses not to do much

N

nightmare57

I'm under the learning disability team. Never been under CMHT. My community nurse is really good as well as the whole LD team. My community nurse sees me every 2 weeks and I can ring him anytime I like during work hours and he always gets back to me. We go out for coffees and drives in his car. Hw wrote me an amazing report for my ESA and PIP which was that good I don't need to attends medicals. He's a really nice person. All of the learning disability team are nice people. I'm not going to be discharged and feel pretty secure.

I see my pdoc within a week if I become ill from psychosis.

I live in supported housing with a large care package. I attend a LD NHS day centre.

When I have had dealing with CMHT they have been rubbish I'm glad I'm not under them.

P

pollypocket88

I'm under the learning disability team. Never been under CMHT. My community nurse is really good as well as the whole LD team. My community nurse sees me every 2 weeks and I can ring him anytime I like during work hours and he always gets back to me. We go out for coffees and drives in his car. Hw wrote me an amazing report for my ESA and PIP which was that good I don't need to attends medicals. He's a really nice person. All of the learning disability team are nice people. I'm not going to be discharged and feel pretty secure.

I see my pdoc within a week if I become ill from psychosis.

I live in supported housing with a large care package. I attend a LD NHS day centre.

When I have had dealing with CMHT they have been rubbish I'm glad I'm not under them.
Hi there wow your nurse sounds amazing I’m really happy for you that you have an amazing support team

P

pollypocket88

I haven’t been so well I took a over dose and the mental health team were contacted and they said they would get my nurse to contact me ASAP even tho my health has got worse and I wanted to end it all they still took there time I was assured by the hospital my community team would take care of me and again nothing done . Still waiting on the psychiatrist to call me . I have been really tiered the last week . I’m scared I’ll get sick again and not want to be around any more they really don’t care and I told them that they said they do but they don’t do any thing .

S

shosh

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i'm so sorry pollypocket88, it is terrible to be so let down in crisis. MH services are appalling in my area too, it made me much worse when i was first in contact with them - feeling so desperate and asking for help only to find there isn't any. I hope that it isn't the same for you. For what it is worth I am much better now and much better off without services. I used this website (was on here years ago but closed that account) and journaling and making art and watching really crappy reality tv to survive my crises mostly. I hope you can find things to get you through and i hope that you do get the help you deserve. i wish the best for you

On Fire

On Fire

CPN: Community Psychiatric Nurse or Chief Personal Nemesis.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Services 17