• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is it just me? Or...

Q

Queenoface

Does anyone else compulsively think of what other people have to think or say about them to the point it cripples you from living your life?
Ever since this diagnosis, this has been one of the things I've thought about more than anything else. So stressful. Any tips?

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I don't care about what other people think about me; I have enough problems of my own.

Q

Queenoface

Okay. That's good. I guess it's a me problem then. I will talk to my therapist about it.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

I find myself in the same situation and these holidays are stressful because of it. I can't even visit family because of what they think

Q

Queenoface

I understand you. It's like before the diagnosis, I never really cared about many things, now its torture. And I'm trying everything but I'm starting to feel hopeless.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Me too. I'm on invega hallucinations have subsided but I feel like I've gotten PTSD from the situation. And my family seen me walk the floor for 9 straight hours thinking someone was after me I'm so embarrassed looking back I can just imagine what they think but it was real to me at the time.

Q

Queenoface

Yes PTSD from hallucinations is real. I have it because of the things I once saw when I had my very first episode and it lasted for 5 years. Its only now I realize It was not real. And I acted out pretty badly too, and it caused me to feel ashamed when I see certain persons who saw me during that episode. Smh so relatable.

L

llittlelostlady

na I don't give a shit but I find people moody

L

llittlelostlady

people are judgemental though