• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is it depression ?

G

Gabriel Czar

I’ve seemed to been having depressive moments and really bad thoughts for about 4 years and they got worse this year which recently ended in an overdose. I got myslef back up n together for a few weeks but now I’m feeling really low again , I can find myself laughing one minute with friends and colleagues and then next thing I’m low and thinking dark thoughts . My upbringing would be described as heavy handed, violent and strict but I have come to peace with it and don’t feel it’s an issue anymore which is something I have spoke with my therapist about . I have booked in with the GP to find out some more, the way I have felt over the years caused my Marriage to fail and I just feel if I can figure out what is wrong with me I can get a grip of it 🤦🏾‍♂️

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,are you getting any support at the moment? we are always here to listen its really good you are seeing a therapist ,i hope your gp can help x keep posting x

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I’ve seemed to been having depressive moments and really bad thoughts for about 4 years and they got worse this year which recently ended in an overdose. I got myslef back up n together for a few weeks but now I’m feeling really low again , I can find myself laughing one minute with friends and colleagues and then next thing I’m low and thinking dark thoughts . My upbringing would be described as heavy handed, violent and strict but I have come to peace with it and don’t feel it’s an issue anymore which is something I have spoke with my therapist about . I have booked in with the GP to find out some more, the way I have felt over the years caused my Marriage to fail and I just feel if I can figure out what is wrong with me I can get a grip of it 🤦🏾‍♂️
Sounds like you're doing the right things consulting with your therapist and GP. Clinical depression can really drag you down, it pervades your whole personality. A lucky break or two in your life won't shake it, it's far too powerful and all encompassing.

They have good medication today which can take the edge off of Depression, but to really treat it you need to fight it on all fronts-sufficient sleep, proper diet, regular exercise, therapy, certain kinds of meditation. Anxiety often goes hand in hand with Depression, they're two sides of the same coin for many folks-myself included. If that's true with you, you'll have to treat both issues.

I've been battling clinical depression all my life, since I was 12 years old at least. I'm 66 years old now. I've stared into the black abyss-deep depression-several times during my life and it leaves a permanent mark each time. But, I'm still around to show you can deal with it if you do the right things. One more thing-it's good to have people in your life who are there for you when you're really in a bad place. Sometimes you need them to step in and make decisions for you that you might not be able to make for yourself. We all end up there at one time or another in our lives, don't try and deal with Depression on your own.

G

Gabriel Czar

Sounds like you're doing the right things consulting with your therapist and GP. Clinical depression can really drag you down, it pervades your whole personality. A lucky break or two in your life won't shake it, it's far too powerful and all encompassing.

They have good medication today which can take the edge off of Depression, but to really treat it you need to fight it on all fronts-sufficient sleep, proper diet, regular exercise, therapy, certain kinds of meditation. Anxiety often goes hand in hand with Depression, they're two sides of the same coin for many folks-myself included. If that's true with you, you'll have to treat both issues.

I've been battling clinical depression all my life, since I was 12 years old at least. I'm 66 years old now. I've stared into the black abyss-deep depression-several times during my life and it leaves a permanent mark each time. But, I'm still around to show you can deal with it if you do the right things. One more thing-it's good to have people in your life who are there for you when you're really in a bad place. Sometimes you need them to step in and make decisions for you that you might not be able to make for yourself. We all end up there at one time or another in our lives, don't try and deal with Depression on your own.
Thanks for the reply , I have been given medication as well as sleeping pills for the bad nights. I just feel like this has been going on too long I can’t remember a time I felt normal, I have a fair amount of support but when I’m talking to people I get aggravated at the question people ask and that is “why do you feel like this” I get annoyed at this because I don’t know why I feel like this and this can cause arguments and I end up pushing people away and I’m also sick and tired of my mood swings . Hopefully the GP can maybe diagnose me instead of repeating my same prescription again and again . Thanks everyone