• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is it Bi-polar?

D

doriangray

I have eratic moodswings.. and they arn't just for hours or even days.. its more like a week or 3.. one time it was like a month.
And they arnt just normal.. i seem to be really depressed .. i feel useless, inadequate, like i don't belong, i avoid people and i constantly wanna break down in tears and i feel so ugly. And also my eating is terrible.. ive been diagnosed with SED (selective eating disorder) so i already have a very limited diet but when im down i eat the same thing;.. like now for instance.. its been 3 days and all i have eaten in chicken noodles
But when im happy im really happy.. i have soooo much energy and i do weird voices etc.. generally im a laugh. I feel like i can do anything ... an i occasionally feel pretty..

thanks... i just need to know.. and before some people say just go the docs.. i wil.. but im scared (part of the being low thing.. im really self cconscious)

A

Apotheosis

Hello & welcome to the site :welcome:. Maybe do some research; & get some different perspectives on this stuff. How well do you cope with all this? What things can YOU do to manage things & improve your life/mood swings.

I understand the apprehension with the medical profession; I share it. In all likely hood you will be given tablets & not much else in the way of help. Tablets can be a part of a solution for some people - but meds can often bring a whole host of other issues as well.

Here is a good site to start a search -

http://theicarusproject.net/

Good Luck. :hug: