• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is it anxiety?

FloofyPuppers

FloofyPuppers

I was diagnosed with anxiety back in 2013. I know how my body feels when it's "acting up".

I've been experiencing something new. The mental feelings of heightened anxiety, but without the increase in heart rate I normally get. Usually anxiety causes my heart rate to be about 90+, but currently when I experience the feeling....my heart rate sits about 75-80.

Is this anxiety or could it be something different?

(I have a dr appt next wednesday to speak to a professional. Just want some opinions :) )

calypso

calypso

Admin
I'm afraid no-one can diagnose on a forum. From the little I know, anxiety doesn't always increase heart rate and can create other symptoms. I hope it all goes well with your doctor's appointment.

DwarfRabbit

DwarfRabbit

Well, it doesn't always has to be an increased heart rate. It may manifests in other symptoms like trembling, nausea, sweating etc. It is possible that anxiety symptoms change w/ the time. That is what happened to me but well, good that you have an appointment soon!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Think anything from 60-100 is classed as acceptable but if its continually high it should be checked. I was suffering a resting heart rate of 125 rising to 165 with anxiety and was put on betablockers which have helped and with medication its now just below 100. An ECG only takes a few minutes and that will detect if theres anything untoward

S

seagirl

I get two different kinds of panic attacks: one where my heart is racing and one where it isn't but I am trembling and my stomach is flip flopping. Good luck at the dr. I am sure you're fine.