• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is it a type of anxiety?

H

howllo

I get the feeling of extremely lonely at night time. I think it has something to do with my childhood experience of being alone at nights after my parents got divorced. And it is affecting my relationship right now. I get extremely anxious and lonely and I cannot fall asleep if my boyfriend is not at home or has not arrived home although we live in separate houses. I want to get rid of this feeling and in order to do so, I need to know if it's just me or what kind of issue I am having here. Please let me know what it is and how to deal with it. Thanks!

Joe57

Joe57

Former member
Hi howlio, that is a great name. Welcome to the forum.

there are nice people here, hope you find the answers you’re looking for

E

EclipticNight

I'm no expert but if I had to guess it sounds like either you worry over his safety or maybe just don't like not being able to reach someone? In order to fix the problem you need to identify what exactly causes the anxiety about being alone.

B

Bod

Former member
I get the feeling of extremely lonely at night time. I think it has something to do with my childhood experience of being alone at nights after my parents got divorced. And it is affecting my relationship right now. I get extremely anxious and lonely and I cannot fall asleep if my boyfriend is not at home or has not arrived home although we live in separate houses. I want to get rid of this feeling and in order to do so, I need to know if it's just me or what kind of issue I am having here. Please let me know what it is and how to deal with it. Thanks!

Hello howllo, welcome to the forum you will find it very helpful here.
I am sorry you might be suffering from anxiety but you are best to try and talk to your doctor as they might be able to help you but in the meantime maybe try these breathing exercisers that can help to calm us down.