• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is getting independent worth the pain?

frisas45

frisas45

@frisas45 My advice would be not to look for a partner untill you have a very solid idea of how he would behave, what his values would be and many other things regarding his character. I recommend starting with something smaller than a company to get confidence up. Most of the company starters have done well on good luck and not so much on their smarts.
Finally!

;)

Thank you! A small business would do me well... :)

frisas45

frisas45

I don't want to offend you. But this: is NOT valid. That advice is near worthless.
Sorry I criticized at you like that. I was frustrated and hopeless. Thank you for the advice anyways.

C

celticlass

Yes it will be harder the longer you leave it. You are currently used to having company, even if you do not like or appreciate them. Secondly I do not think growing older with bipolar is necessarily going to be a breeze. This will especially be the case if you are alone and you really ought not to be looking for a partner just to solve your loneliness. So you will have to identify suitable setting for yourself and put the wheels in motion.

HLon99

HLon99

Well; no pain, no gain in this life. I think we sort of spoke about this topic in your last post 'Sick of this old mindset'. I'm not going to repeat myself, I stand by what I said, even though you may not agree with me. I will say one more thing though.

Just before he retired, my old school headmaster taught me an important lesson: "If you aim low in life, you will always hit the mark; but never benefit from the satisfaction of success nor the lesson learnt from failiure. If you aim high, you won't always hit your target and you will feel frustrated. But with each mistake you make, you'll learn a lesson and eventually your aim will get better. So shoot for the stars, so if you miss you will at least land on the moon."

Its kind of corny and you might think its an overly idealistic thing to say, given your situation. But I think that its relevent and this kind of mindset has been my guiding light in the past throughout adversity.

N

NoOne5

No one is ever independent. Only God or Infinite is independent. Bios are actually all Interdependent.

frisas45

frisas45

Well; no pain, no gain in this life. I think we sort of spoke about this topic in your last post 'Sick of this old mindset'. I'm not going to repeat myself, I stand by what I said, even though you may not agree with me. I will say one more thing though.

Just before he retired, my old school headmaster taught me an important lesson: "If you aim low in life, you will always hit the mark; but never benefit from the satisfaction of success nor the lesson learnt from failiure. If you aim high, you won't always hit your target and you will feel frustrated. But with each mistake you make, you'll learn a lesson and eventually your aim will get better. So shoot for the stars, so if you miss you will at least land on the moon."

Its kind of corny and you might think its an overly idealistic thing to say, given your situation. But I think that its relevent and this kind of mindset has been my guiding light in the past throughout adversity.
I'll apply to that, thanks. :)

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi frisas!

I know that things may seem impossible, but I strongly believe that you have what it takes to live the life you want. It won't be easy, it will take a lot of effort, and patience, but you have so much passion and desire for the better things in life. While I can't do much for you, I want you to know that I'm here for you and I'm always rooting for you! I believe that you can be independent and become independent in a way that is truthful to you. Even when you feel stuck, keep an open mind and open yourself up to possibilities and opportunities that you may think you already know or not know existed. You may just achieve independence in a different way. Everyone has a different path. *hugs*

frisas45

frisas45

Hi frisas!

I know that things may seem impossible, but I strongly believe that you have what it takes to live the life you want. It won't be easy, it will take a lot of effort, and patience, but you have so much passion and desire for the better things in life. While I can't do much for you, I want you to know that I'm here for you and I'm always rooting for you! I believe that you can be independent and become independent in a way that is truthful to you. Even when you feel stuck, keep an open mind and open yourself up to possibilities and opportunities that you may think you already know or not know existed. You may just achieve independence in a different way. Everyone has a different path. *hugs*
Thank you, Reverie! You're a sweet, bubbly person! I wish I could date a gentle person that has your good traits :)